Valtech is a digital consulting and delivery group building solutions for the economy of experience with almost 3,000 employees across 38 offices worldwide. In North America, we have offices in New York, Dallas, Chicago, Toronto and Montreal. We’re looking ahead. We are driven by a visionary mindset, and that means there is plenty of room for initiative and for talented people to shape who we are tomorrow. Valtech helps clients orchestrate experiences, integrate them into your existing ecosystem and then evolve them, adapting to rapidly changing digital landscapes. Making it intuitive for users to consume products and services in whatever way they want. We are a new breed of digital agency uniquely designed to help business leaders succeed in this new digital economy.
The Resource Manager is responsible for leading operations specific to Resource Management for Valtech US. This role is critical to the success of our business as you’ll be defining, implementing, and maintaining industry best practices.
You’re a proactive and creative solutionist, responsible for capacity planning, maximizing utilization of Valtech talent, and identifying staffing efficiencies across the organization. You’ll leverage strong communication skills to collaborate with Valtech employees at all levels of the organization as you predict, prepare, and solve resource shortage and surplus needs. You’ll also collaborate with Project Management, Operations, and Finance, to implement organizational strategies, policies, and processes.
- Partner with Directors, Capability Leads, Recruiting, and Project Management teams to staff projects with appropriate resources promptly and accurately
- Accurately assess and communicate current (day-to-day) and future talent needs and capacity concerns; maximize utilization across project teams
- Understand capabilities (skill-sets) and interests of resources; factor information into staffing decisions
- Provide weekly/ monthly analysis on resource utilization
- Maintain and provide availability information for all resources as well as current and potential future projects
- Solicit feedback on the staffing process and adjust as necessary
- Lead resource management meetings and initiatives
- Communicate policies and procedures as they relate to resource management and timesheet/ project reporting; train new employees as part of onboarding process (OpenAir, other, etc.
- Collaborate with other Valtech offices on as-needed basis for resource sharing; make recommendations based on clear knowledge & understanding of group member skill sets across all departments
- Maintain, analyze and publish the following reports: Utilization reports by account/ project, time-sheet compliance, and Staffing Trends
- Partnering with a Regional Resource Management Team in North and South America to properly staff projects in a collaborative manner
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- 10+ years of Industry experience; Proven ability to manage complex initiatives to successful completion
- 3+ years of Resource Management experience; ability to effectively manage in a “matrixed” environment
- Demonstrated leadership presence; can work with all levels of the organization
- Collaborative, yet can drive to decisions and results
- Quick, creative problem solver Works well under pressure
- Proactive and self-motivated
- Relationship management and influencing skills. Ability to interact, manage and influence key stakeholders ranging from senior leaders to entry-level talent
- Strong organizational, planning, and multi-tasking skills; detail oriented
- Strong communication skills — written and verbal/presentation; able to take complex issues or situations and present them in a simple and easy to follow manner
- Strong organizational awareness and change management skills
- Ability to create and link the big picture to tactical program components
- Experience with reviewing of staffing plans and providing constructive feedback and recommendations
- Knowledge of process improvement and facilitation
- Absolute professionalism and confidentiality
- Experience with Resource Management Software
- You thrive in an open and informal environment where freedom comes with accountability
Here’s what it’s like to work for us:
We’re advisors, visionaries, creative and techies…with an agency mindset. We believe in working together, and that the best results come when we pool our knowledge and brainstorm the right solution for our customers.
We embrace all things digital.
Our ambition is to become global leader in the digital space. No more, no less. Our customers look to us to help them succeed in the digital landscape. We deliver work that makes them the leaders in their industries, based on a thorough understanding of their business and a close collaboration with their employees.
We talk to each other.
We work in an open environment, with business developers, web technologists, strategists and creatives sitting side-by-side, pooling their collective wisdom in order to come up with the best solution for our clients.
We have fun.
We don’t believe in boredom. We do work hard, and we put in the hours we need to get the job done, but we also have a vibrant, dynamic atmosphere with passionate colleagues who enjoy what they do.
We love our clients.
Seriously! They are the reason why we are here. And why wouldn’t we? We are working with some of the biggest and most interesting brands in the world, along with a lot of other companies that all have great ambition to succeed in the digital space.
Valtech has almost 3,000 employees across 38 offices worldwide. In North America, we have offices in New York, Dallas, Chicago, Toronto and Montreal.
We’re looking ahead.
We are driven by a visionary mindset, and that means there is plenty of room for initiative and for talented people to shape who we are tomorrow.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.