Day 6: The race is over. Let’s see what our teams have created.
January 29, 2021
The MACHathon 2021 is over and all the teams have submitted their results. Time for us to get a good look at “TeacherNator” and “Socialocal”.
Socialocal is a platform to foster involvement of people and small businesses in their local neighborhood which allows them to find people with common interests, create connections, share capabilities to help each other and setup or join memorable local experiences.
The key features are:
- Discover: local orientation using public profiles with filters
- Connect: matching based on personal profiles and connecting based on invitations
- Help out: ask for help and provide help
- Meet up: create and attend (digital) events
TeacherNator transforms teaching by seamlessly connecting content and collaboration tools to dynamically create, present and consume curriculum content, digitally empowering both teachers and students.
The problems it aims to give a solution to:
- Due to COVID-19 almost all schools are closed and lessons have to be held online.
- Up to 80% of online classes are still based on textbooks and don’t use the potential of digital tools.
- 59% of students are lacking motivation in the current way of distant learning.
- One third of students are worried about their future.
We are very proud and can’t believe what our teams have created in only one short week. Right now, the MACHathon jury is going through all submitted ideas to present a winner later today. But you can also cast your vote in the People’s Choice Award.