Valtech is a multi-award winning digital agency with 3000 talented people in 45 beautiful offices across 16 countries. We work with some of the world’s best known brands, from airlines and travel companies, to the leading retailers, luxury brands and automotive and B2B companies. We also have a lasting legacy with the UK Government built over 25 years of transforming the user experience to improve lives. So, whether you are renewing a Blue Badge, booking your next holiday or ordering your Friday night takeaway, we’re at the heart of it.
We transform our clients’ businesses and offer transformative job opportunities for those who join us. We transform by doing across commerce, connected experiences, digital platforms, marketing and more.
Our culture, philosophy and working practices are geared towards crafting clean and robust code. We have created a developer friendly environment that is geared to producing to solutions that we can be proud of. We value unconventional thinking and challenging industry norms.
We are founding member of the MACH Alliance, whose goal it is to help enterprise organizations navigate the complex modern technology landscape. We aim to guide and show how businesses can benefit from open tech ecosystems that are Microservices based, API-first, Cloud-native SaaS and Headless.
Candidate Technical Profile:
You will be passionate about developing best in class digital solutions. You will be an advocate for clean code and have the versatility to move with the times and absorb the appropriate technologies at the right time.
Being effective in software delivery isn’t just about the code and we’ll be looking to see good experience and awareness across many of the following areas:
- .NET Software Development (C#), MVC, .Net Core, WebAPI, Razor
- Experience working in cross-functional teams using Scrum and/or Kanban
- Experience participating in workshops to identify and define user requirements
- Experience writing acceptance tests and understanding Behaviour Driven Development principles
- Experience developing highly interactive websites and familiarity with the challenges involved
- Experience of team development in integrated environments using managed source control systems such as Git
- Possess a good understanding of different software architectures
- Proven experience working in projects where Test Driven Development, pair programming and refactoring principles were applied
- General awareness of SEO coding concepts; especially URL structure
- Knowledge of Software/ Enterprise Design Patterns
- Experience with development infrastructure and tools (revision control, bug tracking, wiki)
Nice to have:
On the tech side, while we believe that good people can learn new things quickly, it wouldn’t hurt if you had solid experience with any the following supporting technologies:
- ReactJS, AngularJS, NodeJS
- AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform
- Development practices: pair programming, planning poker, CI or CD, IoC, TDD, BDD, mocking frameworks
- Software engineering: Capable of designing software solutions with DDD and SOLID principles
- Have worked in a Scrum team as a developer or a Scrum Master
We’re looking for someone with a maker mentality, who wants to join a company full of diverse, intelligent and talented people. Someone who wants to shake things up and fill their days with problem solving, innovation and phenomenal client projects. Someone who is ready to do the best work of their life…. things they are really and genuinely proud of, with opportunities to travel far and wide, learn every day and to really and truly meet their potential.
If you have something to say drawn from your previous experience, or if you have something you can teach us – we are particularly keen to hear from you.