By joining Valtech you will become part of a unique digital consultancy. We bring together design, data science and software engineering professionals to deliver new products to our customers across the UK.
This diverse set of capabilities means that no two projects are the same. We undertake transformative projects with a collaborative approach. We work with our customers employing Agile and Lean principles to support decision-making, build understanding and ultimately deliver the right service to users.
We are passionate about delivery and curious about new innovations in digital. Our teams seek to fail fast to accelerate learning making experimentation safe. As communities, we are sociable and encourage learning. We use regular internal events, meetups and external events to engage with new ideas at all levels.
How we deliver
There are some fundamental principles to the way that we deliver. While we are pragmatic in our approach to any specific project, if you don’t share these values we are unlikely to be a good fit for you:
- Cross-functional teams
Agile methods have always emphasised the merit of teams with all the skills necessary to delivery on user’s needs. To work effectively with a multi-disciplinary team it helps to be genuinely interested in the work of those in other roles. We value the flexibility to pick up slack across other areas of capability as well as expertise and specialization.
We find that diverse groups working together come to better solutions. In user testing, this approach builds empathy in the team. In design, we collaborate to test ideas and develop alternatives. As a team, we work together to improve our approach.
- Continuous learning
This applies to product development as it applies to individuals. Our projects are designed to engage with uncertainty creating opportunities to learn. We use experiments, prototypes and hypotheses to learn about user behaviour, design algorithms and select technologies. Our communities of practice provide a space for us to improve and learn from peers. While as individuals a personal training budget enables the opportunity to grow and develop.
- Outcome Focus
When driving our projects we focus on outcomes. Knowing how users and customers will deem a project a success enables creativity and innovation.
Mastery of .NET is your focus. You have experience working with Episerver and are comfortable delivering as part of a multidisciplinary team in which you will be the expert in your field. You will always be searching for the best solution for the project and your clients’ needs.
The Extra Bits
We respect and require dedication, and as part of a great team we’ll often need you in the following ways:
- Working in a multi-disciplinary team developing projects and giving advice on which tools, methodology and models that should be used for each project and ansuring a high quality final product
- Spending your day developing on content management systems, commerce platforms as well as applications in C# and ASP.NET
- Designing and modelling digital solutions
- Developing system descriptions and requirements
- Interacting with the entire organisation, including the creative team and engagement managers
- Presenting ideas, technical designs and more, in client facing situations
- Developing delivery and project plans, carrying out thorough testing of the architectures you design and build