What we are looking for:
Valtech is seeking a data-minded Marketing Analyst with experience in measurement, data, analytics, dashboards, optimization & SEO. We are looking for individuals with a passion for helping solve client’s challenges through data and attain an ROI from their digital investments & data sets.
This is an exciting opportunity to grow your skills and work with a fantastic roster of clients within an expanding Marketing Science practice at Valtech. We place a strong emphasis on KPIs, measurement and tagging across the customer journey, with an experiment-driven approach.
You’ll be hands-on with variety of platforms including Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Episerver, Sitecore, Salesforce Commerce Cloud, Optimizely and others (feel free to bring your favorite tools into the mix).
Your day will have immense variety; you’ll be running client workshops, designing tagging strategies, mining data for opportunities and reporting on campaign performance. There will be plenty of opportunity to apply your strategic and analytical skills to link tactics and experiments to revenue and conversion lift, in a variety of client and vertical contexts. If you’re interested in data science or machine learning, we’re working on applying those techniques to marketing data as well!
Most importantly, you love to tell data-driven stories of measureable improvements to digital performance.
- We offer competitive compensation, Group Benefit Plan, and a Health & Wellness program ($1000 toward mental health!)
- Monthly events with an active culture club
- We close over the winter holidays and keep summer hours to help you make the most of those sunny Friday afternoons
What you will do:
You will be working closely with colleagues across North Amercia and the role breaks down into two large buckets:
1) Billable client work including but not limited to:
- Delivery of workshops to define KPIs, digital objectives, project requirements, education on digital best practices
- Delivery and implementation of optimization roadmaps and experiments
- Delivery and implementation of data strategy, data layer design and tagging plans
- Delivery and implementation of dashboards & ongoing reports
- Delivery and implementation of marketing automation plans
- Delivery and implementation of SEO recommendations & enhancements
- Research into latest practices, tools, approaches to make informed recommendations
- Providing general guidance and expertise to our clients as a trusted advisor
2) Non-billable work to produce thought leadership and provide sales support defining early opportunities
Travel within Canada and US is expected for to deliver client workshops (pre-COVID 19).
What you should have:
- Define measurement strategies; implement and configure tags according to the client’s business and technological needs
- Experience in configuring and using Firebase, Google Tag Manager & Google Analytics to understand visitor behavior and identify opportunities for optimization; Google Tag Manager / Google analytics knowledge absolutely required
- Create tagging plans for website launches and explain the requirements to the dev team
- Ensure that the measurement tools and KPIs are correctly implemented and configured so that clients can monitor the evolution of KPIs on a daily basis
- Create dashboards based on customer visualization needs with tools like Google Data Studio & Tableau
- Define key performance indicators (KPIs) in an eCommerce context for each customer and each campaign, and ensure that the tactics meet the defined criteria
- Understanding of the digital marketing space, including popular tools and common channel strategies spanning web, email, social and mobile
- Understanding of audience segmentation and content targeting to segments
- Understanding of marketing strategy and optimization tactics including personalization, SEO, A|B testing, automation
- Experience embedding analytics and optimization within larger digital delivery projects
- Experience with DXPs such as Sitecore, Episerver, Salesforce Commerce Cloud
- Familiarity with SEO / optimization tools such as Semrush, CrazyEgg, HotJar
Nice to Have
- Javavascript knowledge strong asset
- Experience in a consulting or client services environment (>2 years)
- Experience with dashboard tools such as Google Data Studio, PowerBI, Tableau
- Marketing Automation experience (Marketo, Pardot, Episerver, etc.)
- Experience presenting to stakeholders and delivering workshops and training engagements
Here’s a little about us: