The position is for our Global Service Line Mobility and for our German-based Joint Venture with Volkswagen Group (CARIAD), offering global carmakers a full spectrum of connected vehicle platforms and digital services. Successful candidates will be expected to work in an international environment (USA, LAM, Europe).
You’ll be a member of the international Android Automotive team and will be creating new Android Automotive apps for our US and Europe based customers such as Ford, GM, Audi, Porsche, etc. We also support your development through our internal portal called the Academy. So, get in touch if you’re looking to work for the best US and European carmakers on challenging projects in a culture that prizes freedom and responsibility.
Personal and professional development / Internal workshops & learning initiatives via Academy and online portals / German language classes compensation / Professional certifications reimbursement / Participation in professional local & global communities / Growth and development possibilities We are looking for an Android Developer with at least 5+ years of experience in app development. You will be working as part of an international team to design and create Android Automotive apps for the best carmakers in the world based on the rapidly growing Android Automotive ecosystem. We would like you to bring in your knowledge and experience in contributing to the delivery of excellent solutions by our connected car team.
These tasks await you
• Conception and design of next-generation in-car/IVI applications
• Development and validation of Android Automotive apps, including companion apps, based on Kotlin and Java within Android Automotive 12+
• Close collaboration with our agile development teams As an ideal applicant, you bring along
• Experience in below technical topics o Kotlin and Java o Android Jetpack libraries o Android Automotive OS (AAOS) application development o AIDL (Android Interface Definition Language) o ADB (Android Debug Bridge) o AAPP (Android Auto Projection Protocol)
• Please let us know if you have these bonus tech skills o Experience with Gradle development o Experience with developing within AOSP – system services, framework API modifications, etc. o Experience with automotive networking (diagnostic or application) - CAN, automotive Ethernet, etc.
• Fluent English (spoken and written) The initiative, strong communication skills and ability to work in a team
• Completed training or studies in computer science or a comparable qualification • Willingness to travel is an advantage
At Valtech, we’re here to engineer experiences that work and reach every single person. To do this, we are proactive about creating workplaces that work for every person at Valtech. Our goal is to create an equitable workplace which gives people from all backgrounds the support they need to thrive, grow and meet their goals (whatever they may be). You can find out more about what we’re doing to create a Valtech for everyone here.
Please do not worry if you do not meet all of the criteria or if you have some gaps in your CV. We’d love to hear from you and see if you’re our next member of the Valtech team!