We take the complicated and make it simple. We support our clients in the research, design and marketing of smart digital experiences and interfaces. We develop innovative products.
We’re passionate about digital and we live in the possibilities of the future. We thrive on agility and on constant concern for the end user’s experience.
“Creativity is just connecting things. When you ask creative people how they did something, they feel a little guilty because they didn't really do it, they just saw something. It seemed obvious to them after a while. That's because they were able to connect experiences they've had and synthesize new things.” – Steve Jobs
Valtech Toronto is looking for a creative connector. Someone who sees an ever-changing world around them, and knows they have the power to make it better. Someone who’s driven to improve the experiences of the people they work with and for, and who’s unflinching dedication to quality and clarity of communication drive them. If this is you, and your chosen mediums of expression are Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch and Keynote (Powerpoint when we have to) then we have the job for you!
We’re a growing team of passionate, customer experience focused digital natives with an entrepreneurial and intimate Toronto base, backed by a global powerhouse in Valtech.
Our team is an innovative, nimble, data driven group with incredible technology chops and a focus on transformative retail and ecommerce experience design. We’re looking for an Art Director to help shape the vision of our creative style and help us express what makes us unique. All while being able to integrate into a 2700+ person strong global creative community.
Reporting to the VP of Customer Experience, this creative leader knows how to talk creative shop and weave a client facing narrative. But are also comfortable taking the back seat and making others shine when the project calls for it. For you, it’s all about your craft. You collaborate effortlessly with Strategist, User Experience Designers and Marketing Science team to build creative that’s anchored in insights, while adhering to diverse client brand standards. You find banging out a kickass keynote deck as rewarding as crafting and evolving massive enterprise scale design systems. You’ve led and grown teams of nascent design talent before and are keen to help establish and scale the creative arm of a solid technology team. You’re excited about the idea of building something from very little.
Are we hitting any bullseyes yet? Can you tell we have a lot of work to do?
If you’re looking for an opportunity that will have you flexing all of your creative muscles on an exciting clients list while expanding the breadth and depth of a creative offering, reach out to us. We want to see examples of how you went above and beyond what was expected to surprise and delight clients with creative that resonated with their customers on an emotional level. Come prepared to tell us the stories of your favourite work, and what makes you so proud of what you were able to achieve. We’re ambitious, brave, entrepreneurial but humble. We love the work we do and hope you can help us do more of it.
- Be a Creative Team of one! (…at first. We’re scaling quickly! Quicker with your help.)
- Develop creative concepts, finished working digital assets and design communication materials in digital media.
- Be adept at your favourite software, but not afraid of others.
- Be comfortable with either water-fall or agile processes
- Work closely and collaboratively with Strategy, UX, Marketing Sciences, Tech to define and iterate on creative.
- Support the VP of CX in creating pitch materials (presentations, prototypes and occasional traditional print media pieces)
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- 5+ years of Digital Design experience preferably with a digital agency
- Highly creative out-of-the-box thinker that provides marketable, strategic and visual solutions
- Excellent graphic design and visual creation skills (from the very first sketch to visual guidelines, from the first mockup proposals to final deliverable.)
- Quickly “switch hats”, shifting smoothly between art direction and design duties
- Exhibit strict attention to detail
- Personal passion for design and creative culture.
- Solid understanding of interactivity and responsive web design with an interest in accessibility and usability.
- A basic understanding of motion design. (video editing and motion graphics experience not required, but an asset.)
- Self-driven, inspired, and motivated—You’re here to do the best work of your career!
- Solid organizational skills and the ability to meet strict deadlines (efficiently and independently).
- Must have past experience collaborating with UX / Interaction Designers.
- Interested in any passions for Sketching, Storyboarding, Photography, UX, Motion Design, Animation or any other creative venture you use to keep the batteries full and make yourself understood.
Need strong working knowledge of:
- Adobe Creative Cloud, including Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesignand/or Sketch as well as Apple Keynote and/or Microsoft Powerpoint.
Optional skills (but still very desired): Adobe After Effects, Adobe Premiere Pro, InVision, Adobe Xd, Axure (prototyping) or at least a bravery to try new tools!
Interested? To apply please submit
- Link to your online Portfolio, or a PDF version, or at least 3 samples of your work
- 1 Paragraph Bio describing your qualifications for this role, and also what you’re passionate about. Tell us a bit about who you are and why you love what you do!
Some travel is required as part of this position.
We offer a chance to work with an amazing team, global clients, competitive salary, medical and dental benefits, life and disability insurance, as well as work from home options.
If you would like to join our growing company please apply today!
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
*** We do not accept unsolicited candidate profiles from recruiting firms***