We are now looking for an Associate Director, New Business with a strong technology background to work directly with our Business Development Director in Sweden to support them in delivering our local market new business strategy.
Drawing from the strengths of our prioritized verticals and offerings, whilst tapping into the global capabilities, your role is to orchestrate initiatives, engage with potential clients and work alongside the wider team to convert opportunities into healthy business.
You will need to be extremely hungry to develop opportunities with a keen eye on the prize, through building relationships at the highest level. With a specific focus on technology partners such as Optimizely, Sitecore, Adobe, Salesforce as well as composable technologies. Having the ability to manage opportunities from initial conversation, all the way through to scoping, implementation and set-up of the team before handing over.
The attitude and approach of the ideal candidate is in many ways, as important as the experience and skills they possess – as the role will be at heart of the agency. You will need to be a self-starter, highly motivated and gravitas and be prepared to interface with all departments in the agency to gather the support required. The environment is extremely varied and fast paced so you’ll need to be comfortable juggling multiple plates.
Therefore, the right candidate will need to possess bags of energy and drive and demonstrate a passion for developing the agency.
How you'll be spending your time
- Support the Business Development Director to deliver on the Swedish new business plan to ensure we meet the goals and KPIs agreed.
- Working closely with the Swedish Marketing Lead and Demand Generation Lead to come up with innovative and engaging ways to market ourselves to prospects and partners alike.
- Communicate the value proposition to prospective clients in a manner appropriate for the target audience of C-Suite executive.
- Take the lead on technology focused new business pitches from initial conversation through to conversion. Bringing together all relevant departments from across the local office and global teams.
- Collaborate with the Swedish Client Partnership team to ensure efficient closing and hand-over of opportunities as well as collaborate around common sales topics.
- Develop contracts and scopes of work in collaboration with internal teams to help set pricing, client goals, and objectives.
- Transfer knowledge; share and socialise best practice exemplary work, ideas and solutions with the Swedish office and globally.
Who we're looking for
We don’t settle for people who can just do the job, we look for people that go beyond and always push our thinking to be better. We believe this is what makes Valtech a great place to be - we have no egos, just talented people who want to do the best work of their career.
- A proven new business track record in closing of multi-Euro technology deals, with a very strong drive and target focus.
- You’ll have experience of selling value based and sometimes complex solutions
- The ability to engage with and provide value to clients in various industries, from C-level to middle management.
- You’ll be curious about new trends, promoting an environment where ideas flow and expertise are shared.
- You’ll be energetic, roll your sleeves up and get involved!
- You’ll be collaborative, working across experts in all our departments to get the very best outcome.
- You’ll own it, empowering teams to do the same and to take responsibility for the work you deliver.
- You’ll be generous with your time, support the wider business and get involved in initiatives outside of the day-to-day.
- You’ll get uncomfortable and take calculated risks, challenging the status quo.
- A minimum of 10+ years’ experience selling in the technology space with partners such as Optimizely, Sitecore, Adobe, Salesforce as well as composable technologies.
- Business English both written and spoken is essential.
Our five Business Development Qualities
All our business development teams possess five key qualities.
- Being brilliant in everything they do. They strive to be better each day. They always bring their A-game.
- The ability to bring a team together no matter what the circumstances or timeframes, but also know how to be a team player.
- They own it. They take responsibility in all they do. They love to roll their sleeves up and get stuck in.
- They know how to get things done. No matter the brief or the timescale, they always find a way.
- And finally, they know how to have fun. They always have a positive outlook. They never take themselves too seriously.
These are the qualities that unite us and we’re looking for someone of the same ilk. But we also need someone who is a leader and can help guide the team. Someone who can hold their own sitting at the top table and knows when it is the right time to challenge and push things. We’re not looking for someone who constantly says ‘yes’.
Valtech is a global company focused on business transformation powered by digital innovation. Founded in 1993, Valtech has established itself as one of the largest independent global groups with more than 3500 exceptional individuals operating out of 45+ offices in 16 countries. We work with some of the world’s best-known brands from travel to retail, connected experiences to automotive.
We are a maker company. Technology is crucial in everything we do. We transform by doing and care deeply about improving the end user experience. We are a people company. We share our knowledge and learnings, we dare to speak up and take risk. We care about one another, our clients and the world.
We operate in the context of new world challenges and engage with our customers all over the world to discover new opportunities, to design & build digital driven solutions and to run & continuously optimize outcomes. You can read more about life at Valtech here.
Diversity and Inclusion at Valtech
Valtech is committed to providing and maintaining a work environment where all employees and candidates are treated with dignity and respect and that is free of bias, prejudice, and harassment. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We’re here to engineer experiences that work and reach every single person. To do this, we are proactive about creating workplaces that work for every person at Valtech. You can find out more about what we’re doing to create a Valtech for everyone here.