We are looking for an Azure Cloud Engineer to join our growing Global Team. Numerous ongoing and new projects — ranging from enterprise content solutions, VR, mobile apps, data services to experience-driven enterprise e-commerce, user experience and marketing. Global opportunities to work with different industry verticals: retail & luxury, automotive, financial, healthcare, travel & hospitality, FMCG, media & entertainment.
The Ideal Candidate
- 2-5 years of working experience in public Azure cloud-related technology and public-facing websites;
- excellent knowledge and wide experience with cloud infrastructure (IAAS, PAAS), “Infrastructure as Code” concept, knowledge in Terraform, understanding networking (firewalling, subnetting, etc);
- excellent knowledge experience in Windows server’s administration and knowledge in Linux server’s administration;
- working experience in Web Servers configuration, optimization for different use (IIS, Apache);
- knowledge in automation & scripting with Powershell, ARM;
- understanding CI/CD process, Octopus, Azure DevOps, Chef;
- knowledge and experience with Kubernetes;
- strong communication, collaboration and team working skills in blended teams;
- ability to self-education;
- Master’s degree in Computer Systems/Science or equivalent;
- Upper-Intermediate English level or higher.
- experience with high-load ecommerce websites (Sitecore, Magento, Salesforce Commerce Cloud platforms) and multi-tier applications;
- working experience in AWS cloud infrastructure and services;
- knowledge and experience with systems & tools: Docker, Swarm, Jenkins, Bamboo, Teamcity, Azure China (ViaNet);
- additional knowledge in Sitecore, C#, Java, Bash, Ansible, Puppet, Google Cloud or Software Development Skills will be a plus.
The purpose of the role “Cloud Engineer” is to create and operate on cloud infrastructures for the client, owned by either the client or Valtech and to advise and/or support on (cloud) infrastructure related questions, problems and solutions to clients and teams. As a Cloud Engineer at Valtech you will:
- work on multi-site platforms, e-commerce systems and B2B service platforms;
- create and maintain working infrastructures for our clients on public cloud providers (Azure, AWS);
- actively automate set-up and maintenance tasks;
- maintain the application servers and services used for shared or client specific DevOps facilities;
- watch over, analyze, optimize and pro-actively advise on the performance, fault tolerance, reliability, stability and security of the online application environments under your supervision so we meet and outperform service level agreements;
- create, maintain and support facilities for continuous integration and deployment;
- use the best practices of Valtech, suppliers and the community;
- provide sufficient legible and maintainable documentation so others can operate on the environments; under your supervision for instance as a developer, QA engineer, data engineer or cloud engineer during your absence or during an on call service outside office hours;
- support and advise the colleagues and clients on cloud infrastructure related technical topics;
- be the primary technical contact for clients and the partners of our clients on infrastructure related topics;
- embrace and promote the DevOps mindset by actively seeking collaboration with colleagues of different disciplines, demonstrating best practices of DevOps collaboration, pro-actively participate in the in-company and worldwide DevOps community;
- actively seek to keep your skills and information up to date with the latest developments in your expertise by self-study, following relevant training, visiting events;
- help your peers and coach less experienced colleagues and colleagues of other disciplines to understand and work with cloud infrastructure in their context and following Valtechs best practices, philosophy and way of working;
- embrace innovation by pro-actively taking the initiative to research and try new innovative concepts and pro-actively help to introduce new innovative and valuable approaches to the services we deliver to clients.
As a consultant and as a binding part between developers and our clients you are expected to develop expertise both in technology and the means to communicate complex concepts and rationale to non-techies. We’ll encourage and support this with frequent opportunities to share ideas internally. We also have consultants frequently deliver at regional, national and global conferences.
What Balance Means to Us
- a modern office, comfortable work environment, and the best available tools;
- business trips to Europe/US;
- 20 working days of vacation;
- medical insurance;
- sick leave (up to 20 days a year);
- unpaid leave (up to 20 days a year);
- paid days off (2 days);
- private entrepreneur leave (2 days);
- ability to work from home;
- professional certifications coverage - 100% (successfully passed);
- English classes;
- sport hobbies compensation;
- ability to participate in Global Valtech R&D initiatives (AR/VR projects and IoT projects).