Business Development Executive
What we are looking for:
Valtech is looking for a Business Development Executive to join us in the pursuit of being the experience innovation company.
To be a success in the role you will know the agency game because you have lived it for years. You will be able to articulate the value of our offers to a B2B or B2C client in 50 words or less and most importantly, as a digital, creative, interactive, experiential native, you can translate the trends and lingo of the agency world into something a C-level executive can understand, value and buy.
Your job is to know the market, hunt the business needs that can be solved digitally, creating and pursuing opportunities with new client prospects. You know the value of getting down-and-dirty rather than going on autopilot with generic slide decks, and you’re comfortable with positioning a full-service offering that span strategy, creative and technology.
You’ll be passionate about the impact your work has on human beings. Furthermore, you’ll lead and inspire the rest of the new business-oriented sales team, including their tight coupling and collaboration with Marketing, so we drive a lean and effective end-to-end sales process across the funnel.
You will be an integral part of the sales team as well as your own client prospects and you will be responsible for driving revenue to our business. You must be both a leader and a deal-closer, and that means you also understand the fine act of balancing risks when bidding for new business.
You’ve had a similar position for the last 10 years or more, most likely in another digital agency or a technology partner. Your track record is proven when it comes to digital strategy, customer experience, digital planning, content management, and e-commerce.
And the showstopper: you must have worked within the digital space. Digital agency, digital consultancy, however your former employer chose to describe themselves, the core of the matter is that you have worked with digital native’s day in and day out: designing digital solutions, speaking in terms of pixels and bytes and evangelizing the benefits of a wireless society. You must have lived and breathed this stuff; otherwise, you’ll just be annoyed working with us.
Before we continue to dive into the requirements for the role let’s talk about Why you should join Valtech?
Flexibility: We trust in the expertise, skills, and actions of our colleagues. That’s why we provide a flexible work schedule that supports work/life balance.
Career Advancement: We offer a career, not just a job. We invest in the personal and professional growth of every employee because we believe growth leads to both business impact and personal fulfillment.
Learning and Development: We foster a culture that encourages and promotes professional growth and development, with continuous learning through our in house LMS (Ask us about the Academy)
- Medical: Options starting at 100% medical coverage for employees, and we cover 85% for spouses, partners, and dependents
- We contribute an annual $750 for employee only or $1,500 cash payment towards your family HSA
- 401(k) Employer matching and immediate vesting
- Flexible Paid Time Off under Valtech's policy to support your work-life balance
- Up to 8 Weeks of paid Parental Leave
- Home office set up stipend for new hires
- Summer Fridays
Back to the role:
What you will do:
You will have experience in selling services, the ability to collaborate and be the ringmaster in complex pitches for design, connected experience, advertising, media, performance marketing, data & analytics, production or a combination of any or all...
· You have knowledge through real world experience and expert understanding of agency services
· Drive the sales pipeline development in close partnership with the North American and Global marketing team.
· Manage the sales team and the entire sales process to ensure delivery against KPIs and targets with the strong emphasis on new business sales.
· Have knowledge of and contacts with pitch consultants.
· Lead end-to-end presales / RFP response / pitch process through qualification, win strategy definition, engagement of appropriate resources such as creative, media, data, production and project management personnel, service line leadership and other senior executives as needed.
· Participate in relevant marketing and industry events.
· Accurate weekly, monthly, and quarterly forecasting and revenue delivery.
· Keep up with the trends in professional digital agency services and Valtech clients’ industry verticals.
· Keep up with client success case studies and services value proposition development within Valtech.
What you should have:
10+ years’ experience in business development/sales roles within the advertising/ digital agency/tech professional services industry.
· Existing network of potential clients in your geographical locale.
· Demonstrable track records selling multi-year, seven figure engagements.
· Experience on managing sales teams desirable.
· Personal drive to “Getting it done and right” and the ability to make effective decisions and see them through.
· Flexibility and ability to adjust on-the-fly to new demands and business environments, sense of urgency.
· Excellent interpersonal, communication, and people skills working with internal teams and client teams.
· Assertiveness, directness, and a “company first” mentality
Valtech: The Experience Innovation Company
Technology has remade the way we live, work, and connect. Every day new products, services, and features are raising our expectations in every aspect of our lives. It’s become common for whole new categories and consumer behaviors to emerge and disrupt legacy businesses. And as it becomes easier to digitize, launch, and evolve, the rush to leap ahead is quickly becoming a race to parity. Now that technology has once again leveled the playing field, we believe the next frontier and greater value lives in the experience. And that means the world needs a new kind of company to unlock that value.
We are the Experience Innovation Company. We know that experience now touches every level of your enterprise. It may necessitate fundamental changes in organizational design or require complex integration throughout your tech stack. It may start by catalyzing data to create emotional moments of connection with your customers, inspiring loyalty and brand love. Or it may come to life by getting innovation initiatives out of presentation decks and into the hands of your customers. No matter where experience innovation begins in your company, we are organized to help clients break through silos, redefine success, and deliver exponential value.
Our values give our work purpose. We care deeply about the transformative impact technology can have on the world and honor our duty to approach it responsibly. We share our diverse identities, knowledge, expertise, and skills in an open dialog rooted in respect and inclusivity. And we dare to pursue uncommon solutions and simplify the complex.
Share: As a global company with diverse talent, we value and embrace open dialogue. We share our expertise, wisdom and full attention with our clients and colleagues
Dare: Entrepreneurship and curiosity is in our DNA. We thrive in ambiguity and simplifying the complex. We dare to bring together, connect, and combine the uncommon.
Care: Technology has had a transformative impact on how we experience the world around us. We want to make the world a better place through the work we do.
Our unique culture allows us to orchestrate and connect teams to unlock powerful insights, value, and innovation at the intersection of diverse expertise and domains.
We believe diversity is essential to creating the best digital products & experiences. Valtech is committed to providing and maintaining a work environment where all employees and candidates are treated with dignity and respect and that is free of bias, prejudice, and harassment. We're proud to be an equal-opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, ethnicity, citizenship, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Accommodations are available on request for all aspects of the selection process.
So, if you are looking for your next challenge? Then this is your chance to join our team of exceptionally talented, creative, and innovative professionals working with composable Best-of-Breed technology platforms within the large-scale digital experience and e-commerce business area.