HOW YOU WOULD SUMMARISE THE ROLE
Following an extremely successful period of growth across the globe we are looking to recruit a Business Development Manager DACH (m/f/d) to work as part of our European Demand Generation team. We are looking for a self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit and well-established communication and listening skills. With many of the business development building blocks in place, we have an immediate need for a senior champion and internal driver, to help us capitalise on the positive momentum and reputation we have built in the market.
The role is to be the initial and first point of contact for our new business efforts. Kick starting the new business cycle by being consultative in approach, using insight and intelligence to make informed and value-based introductions and approaches towards prospective accounts and leads – enterprise in scale and, ultimately, decision making in authority.
The nature of our business means we approach growth with a quality over quantity mindset; there are no scripts, no copy and paste and no minimum, or maximum, call or email volumes to reach. Everything you do will be bespoke and you will strive to deliver value to prospects at every step of their journey. This means your attitude and approach is, in many ways, equally as important as the experience and skills you possess – as your role will play a key component towards our local market growth strategy.
You are self-driven, have natural and empathic leadership qualities, gravitas, and are prepared to proactively interface with departments from across the European business to gather support when required - leaving no stone unturned and delivering against agreed plans to the highest standard.
HOW YOU’LL BE SPENDING YOUR TIME
We don’t like to “box” people into specific roles, as we like people who are ready to “wear many hats”, but here are some of the areas you will be focusing on:
Strategic Growth Planning
- Interpreting target account insights and transposing them into potential opportunities and crafted propositions for Valtech – bringing a strategic, lateral, and consultative approach.
- Work in collaboration with marketing and our European Vertical, Service or Business Unit Leads to develop integrated, account-based marketing (ABM) plans - designed to drive awareness, demand and lead generation against specific accounts for you to then reactively, and proactively connect and engage with both senior decision makers and middle management influencers.
- Maintain an always on approach to gathering account / prospect insight and intelligence and adjusting your strategies accordingly – making full use of the tools and technology at your disposal, alongside a proactive and creative approach to increasing visibility and sparking, or maintaining, conversations with prospects.
Implementation / Day to day
- You will be responsible for building and managing a solid lead, and ultimately opportunity pipeline across multiple industries and markets – driving leads, and engaging accounts, through the funnel and beginning the new business cycle.
- You will prioritise your focus and adjust your approach to align with European vertical and business unit specific objectives.
- You will capitalise on all global marketing demand and lead generation initiatives, delivering considered nurture, outreach, and account plans.
- You will consult and be supported by the Vertical and Service leads, as well as specific business units to maintain momentum, and deliver consistently high quality approaches and outreach to prospects.
- You will provide full and detailed briefing(s) and handover to our Business Development Directors and Business Units at the appropriate moment in your engagement(s), supporting them in the next phase of the new business cycle, enabling them with content and supporting assets to successfully convert.
- You will collaborate with Growth Enablement, briefing and supporting them in the curation and creation of supporting new business assets and content throughout the initial and handover process.
- You will be the first point of contact for inbound opportunities – providing initial qualification, responding in a timely and strategic manor and, in turn, passing to one of our Business Development Directors to further qualify (and convert).
- You will collaborate with your European Team of equivalents, sharing learnings, best practices and always looking to support them in their endeavors.
- You will remain immersed in existing, new, and developing Valtech propositions, services, marketing content, and Growth Enablement initiatives and learning programs.
Business Administration and Reporting
- You will attend weekly, and monthly, regional, and local reporting meetings where you will provide detailed analysis of account status, your successes, and learnings.
- You will maintain all Lead and Account CRM data to an exceptional standard, providing detailed and comprehensive pipeline and dashboard visibility for management reporting.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
As always at Valtech, we’re more than anything looking for the right person to fill and not least shape this role, but here’s a few things we’d like to see:
- More than anything we’re looking for a colleague who can and will embrace our strong culture lived out through our core values of Share, Dare and Care
- 3+ years’ experience within a similar position, preferably within an agency environment.
- An entrepreneurial spirit and someone who does not need a manual for how to do things, but is ready to help shape the best way to get things done.
- A “We before Me” mindset with experience in successfully collaborating with people across different countries, cultures, crafts, personalities and backgrounds with respect, inclusion and integrity.
- A passion for people, business development, technology that is obvious to everyone around you.
- Commitment to our shared growth agenda and ready to be accountable for the part you will play.
- You’ll be curious about new trends, promoting an environment where ideas flow and expertise are shared.
- You’ll be energetic, ready to roll your sleeves up and get things done!
OUR FIVE BD QUALITIES
All our business development teams possess five key qualities.
- Being brilliant in everything they do. They strive to be better each day. They always bring their A-game.
- The ability to bring a team together no matter what the circumstances or timeframes, but also know how to be a team player.
- They own it. They take responsibility in all they do. They love to roll their sleeves up and get stuck in.
- They know how to get things done. No matter the brief or the timescale, they always find a way.
- And finally, they know how to have fun. They always have a positive outlook. They never take themselves too seriously.
These are the qualities that unite us and we’re looking for someone of the same ilk. But we also need someone who is a leader and can help guide the team. Someone who can hold their own sitting at the top table and knows when it is the right time to challenge and push things. We’re not looking for someone who constantly says ‘yes’.
Valtech is a global company focused on business transformation powered by digital innovation. Founded in 1993, Valtech has established itself as one of the largest independent global groups with more than 5000 exceptional individuals operating out of 45+ offices in 18 countries. We work with some of the world’s best-known brands from travel to retail, connected experiences to automotive.
We are a maker company. Technology is crucial in everything we do. We transform by doing and care deeply about improving the end user experience. We are a people company. We share our knowledge and learnings, we dare to speak up and take risk. We care about one another, our clients and the world.
We operate in the context of new world challenges and engage with our customers all over the world to discover new opportunities, to design & build digital driven solutions and to run & continuously optimize outcomes.