Who are we?
Valtech is a multi-award winning digital agency with 4000 talented people in 45 beautiful offices across 16 countries. We work with some of the world’s best known brands, from airlines and travel companies, to the leading retailers, luxury brands and automotive and B2B companies. We also have a lasting legacy with the UK Government built over 25 years of transforming the user experience to improve lives. So, whether you’re renewing a Blue Badge, booking your next holiday or ordering your Friday night takeaway, we’re at the heart of it.
We transform our clients’ businesses and offer transformative job opportunities for those who join us. We transform by doingacross commerce, connected experiences, digital platforms, marketing and more.
Valtech is looking for a Business Development Manager to join us in the UK to support our ambition of becoming the leading digital agency globally.
To be a success in the role you will know the agency game because you have lived it for years. You will be able to articulate the value of digital transformation to a B2B or B2C client in 50 words or less and, most importantly, as a digital native you can translate the trends and lingo of the digital world into something a C-level executive can understand, value and buy.
Your job is to know the market, hunt the business challenges that can be solved digitally, creating and pursuing opportunities with new client prospects. You know the value of getting really stuck-in to digital consulting rather than going on autopilot with generic slide decks, and you’re comfortable with positioning a full-service offering that spans strategy, creative and technology.
Critically you’ll know that digital is so much more than the website. You’ll be passionate about the impact your work has on human beings. Furthermore, you’ll lead and inspire the rest of the new business-oriented sales team, including their tight coupling and collaboration with Marketing, so we drive a lean and effective end-to-end sales process across the funnel.
You must be both a leader and a deal-closer, and that means you also understand the fine act of balancing risks when bidding for new business. You’ll be well networked into the wider global company, using the power of the One Valtech organization to drive the UK based business.
You’ve had a similar position for the last 10 years or more, most likely in another digital agency or a technology partner. Your track record is proven when it comes to digital strategy, customer experience, digital planning, content management, and e-commerce.
- Grow our business via net new clients in the commercial sector (note there is a large Public sector presence within Valtech UK).
- Drive the sales pipeline development in close partnership with the local and European marketing team.
- Engage with prospect organisations to position Valtech solutions through strategic value-based selling, business case definition, references from clients and partners, networking, etc.
- Lead end-to-end presales / RFP response / pitch process through qualification, win strategy definition, engagement of appropriate resources such as solution engineers, professional services leads, partner executives etc.
- Participate in relevant marketing and industry events.
- Systematically collaborate with Valtech’s key technology platform partners in the region, e.g. Microsoft, Sitecore, Salesforce, Optimizely, Contentful, Commercetools, and others.
- Accurate weekly, monthly, and quarterly forecasting and revenue delivery.
- Keep up with the trends in professional digital agency services and Valtech clients’ industry verticals.
- Keep up with client success case studies and services value proposition development within Valtech
- 10+ years’ experience in business development/sales roles within the digital agency/tech professional services industry.
- 5+ years’ experience with digital services.
- Existing network of potential clients in your geographical locale.
- Demonstrable track records selling multi-year, seven figure engagements.
- Personal drive to “Getting it done and right” and the ability to make effective decisions and see them through.
- Flexibility and ability to adjust on-the-fly to new demands and business environments, sense of urgency.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and people skills working with internal teams and client teams
- Assertiveness, directness, and a “company first” mentality
- Strong senior executive engagement and influence skills.
Diversity and Inclusion at Valtech
At Valtech, we’re here to engineer experiences that work and reach every single person. To do this, we are proactive about creating workplaces that work for every person at Valtech. Our goal is to create an equitable workplace which gives people from all backgrounds the support they need to thrive, grow and meet their goals (whatever they may be).
As part of this work, we’re sharing an optional anonymous survey with you after your application. This survey will help us better understand the people who apply to work at Valtech. It'll help us see how different demographics progress through our hiring process, and where we need to make improvements to give them a better chance of succeeding. If you choose to fill it out, all of the information you give us is:
- Voluntary. And we've included a "prefer not to say" option for every question. It'd be helpful if you still fill out the survey even if you choose "prefer not to say" for every question, as it's useful for us to understand & record this. We won't know if you choose to fill this survey in or not.
- Anonymous to Valtech. We can't tie your responses to you and they won't make a difference to the outcome of your application. We'll only use grouped responses for equal opportunities monitoring in our hiring process.
For more information on how we'll use this data, please read our candidate privacy notice.
By filling out the survey, you agree that we can use your responses for the purposes we've mentioned above.