Transform by doing!
What will you be doing?
As a Cloud Architect (m/f/d) you specialize in cloud-based solutions and combine that with the architect role of bridging the gap between business and technology. You interact with stakeholders on all levels of the client organization and can translate business challenges and goals into sound and solid technical solutions that bring the customer value. You also advice on best-practices and advice on which cloud services best match the business needs.
Understanding and picking apart business processes behind digital journeys and being able to pinpoint improvements on both process itself as well as supporting technology is key in your daily work. You are able to translate opportunities for improvement, or the necessity of change, into a clear narrative towards the client organization, building support for transformation at sponsor level.
You support client teams in discovery and foundation phases in the search for future proof solutions on any scale within a client project. During, and directly after, foundation you able to translate business into technology on a level detailed enough for agile teams to understand and transform into tangible requirements to kickstart development afterwards.
What do we expect from you?
- Minimum of 10 years of experience and minimum of 5 years experience as a cloud architect.
- You feel a strong connect with the agency world and know the playing field, the biggest contenders and platforms available.
- You can demonstrate experience in the fields of Enterprise Commerce Applications (Commercetools, SAP Commerce, Adobe Commerce, Salesforce Commerce Cloud), Content Management, Integrations and Microservices.
- You have a proven background in architecting, implementing, leading, and delivering enterprise-scale projects following the principles behind MACH (Microservices based, API-first, Cloud-native SaaS and Headless).
- Proven cloud and serverless experience, preferably via Azure, AWS, or GCP.
- Strong knowledge of enterprise level application ecosystems (ERP, OMS, CRM, WMS, etc.). Experience integrating to SAP ERP will be a plus.
- Your communication skills are strong. No matter if its discovery workshops, presales activities or project escalations.
- Experience working with platform-partners / identifying potential new partners in the field of commerce.
- Strong business understanding and ability to communicate technical recommendations in business terms.
- Solid understanding of design patterns.
- Ability to instruct and guide development on a multi-client & multi-team basis
- Native or bilingual English (strong communication skills, both verbal as written)
What do we offer in return?
- A permanent position in one of the top 6 internet agencies in Germany where you can also work in an international environment.
- An attractive and lucrative compensation package consisting of fixed and variable salary components, whereby the variable component is paid out monthly based on company goals.
- You can expect a highly professional working environment in a friendly team, where team spirit and knowledge transfer are not empty phrases and where flat hierarchies are not just a buzz word.
- In our beautiful, modern and air-conditioned premises you can develop your talents and enjoy good public transport connections.
- Flexible working hours and home office arrangements based on a 40-hour week as well as 30 days of vacation per year.
- With personal development opportunities and our cooperation with the Urban Sports Club, body and soul are both taken care of. In addition, there is daily fresh fruit and free soft drinks as well as coffee and tea as much as you want.
- After passing the probationary period you have the possibility to get a job bike.
- At summer parties, team events and Christmas parties you can experience how sociable we are offline.
- We pay you a company contribution to your pension plan.
- There is no dress code. We come to work dressed as we feel most comfortable.
- We offer many training opportunities, which you can take advantage of through our Valtech Academy or via external trainings or conferences.