Transform by doing!
What will you be doing?
As a Cloud Architect (m/f/d) you specialize in cloud-based solutions and combine that with the architect role of bridging the gap between business and technology. You interact with stakeholders on all levels of the client organization and can translate business challenges and goals into sound and solid technical solutions that bring the customer value. You also advice on best-practices and advice on which cloud services best match the business needs.
Understanding and picking apart business processes behind digital journeys and being able to pinpoint improvements on both process itself as well as supporting technology is key in your daily work. You are able to translate opportunities for improvement, or the necessity of change, into a clear narrative towards the client organization, building support for transformation at sponsor level.
You support client teams in discovery and foundation phases in the search for future proof solutions on any scale within a client project. During, and directly after, foundation you able to translate business into technology on a level detailed enough for agile teams to understand and transform into tangible requirements to kickstart development afterwards.
What do we expect from you?
- Minimum of 10 years of experience and minimum of 5 years experience as a cloud architect.
- You feel a strong connect with the agency world and know the playing field, the biggest contenders and platforms available.
- You can demonstrate experience in the fields of Enterprise Commerce Applications (Commercetools, SAP Commerce, Adobe Commerce, Salesforce Commerce Cloud), Content Management, Integrations and Microservices.
- You have a proven background in architecting, implementing, leading, and delivering enterprise-scale projects following the principles behind MACH (Microservices based, API-first, Cloud-native SaaS and Headless).
- Proven cloud and serverless experience, preferably via AWS, or GCP.
- Strong knowledge of enterprise level application ecosystems (ERP, OMS, CRM, WMS, etc.). Experience integrating to SAP ERP will be a plus.
- Your communication skills are strong. No matter if its discovery workshops, presales activities or project escalations.
- Experience working with platform-partners / identifying potential new partners in the field of commerce.
- Strong business understanding and ability to communicate technical recommendations in business terms.
- Solid understanding of design patterns.
- Ability to instruct and guide development on a multi-client & multi-team basis
- Native or bilingual English (strong communication skills, both verbal as written)
What do we offer in return?
- A permanent position in a globally active digital agency that is listed in the Top 10 in Germany.
- We place great value on diversity and inclusion and want to create a fair and livable working environment. To achieve this, we support all people regardless of their origin and background. Everyone should feel comfortable enough to develop, grow and achieve their goals - whatever they may be.
- You can expect a highly professional working environment where team spirit and knowledge transfer are not empty phrases and where flat hierarchies really pay off.
- Our centrally located offices are adapted to our hybrid way of working and offer you the perfect balance to working from home.
- Our working hours and home office arrangements are flexible and based on a 40-hour week and 30 days of annual leave.
- In addition to a fixed salary, you will also receive a variable salary component that is paid out monthly based on company targets.
- We also pay a company pension allowance.
- We keep you fit: Whether through snacks, the possibility of the JobRad or the offer of the Urban Sports Club.
- Continuous learning is important to us - through the Valtech Academy, at external training courses or at conferences.
- A highlight for all Valtechies are the joint celebrations during the year, which you should definitely not miss.
- Come as you are: There is no dress code at our company. You come to work in the way you feel most comfortable.