Commerce Program Manager
What we are looking for:
As one of the co-founders of the MACH Alliance, we are strong believers in MACH, composable architectures and multi-head approaches for enterprise-grade digital (commerce) solutions. Because we experience an overwhelming interest and demand for these services from clients, we are therefore looking to grow our global and local teams to join us on this exciting journey.
Are you one for the bird's-eye view? A natural at coordinating activities and people? Ready to go above and beyond to make our clients happy? If yes, you sound like the perfect fit to be our new Commerce Program Manager!
• In this role, you will oversee several teams within Valtech and manage stakeholders and multiple external parties.
• You make sure the quality of our work is up to par and maintain a good relationship with the client on a strategic level.
• You can demonstrate strong interpersonal, communication, intercultural and people skills
Before we continue to dive into the requirements for the role let’s talk about Why you should join Valtech?
Flexibility: We trust in the expertise, skills, and actions of our colleagues. That’s why we provide a flexible work schedule that supports work/life balance.
Career Advancement: We offer a career, not just a job. We invest in the personal and professional growth of every employee because we believe growth leads to both business impact and personal fulfillment.
Learning and Development: We foster a culture that encourages and promotes professional growth and development, with continuous learning through our in house LMS (Ask us about the Academy)
What you will do:
A lot of different things. You will play an important role in guiding our strategic clients through their digital transformation. That's why you strive to understand our client's business and can design and run a focused strategy to reach their goals. You assure the promised outcome of project proposals and plans and ensure our team is matching the output we promised. You make sure the governance for the program is in place and monitor and report delivery on an outcome basis. You communicate proactively to all relevant stakeholders on how to maximize impact while mitigating risk.
You are proactive in managing risks, identifying problems in delivery internally and externally within our clients organizations and take actions to resolve and escalate issues that may occur. You ensure that the client's vision and strategy is clear to the Valtech team. You facilitate the team and make sure everyone is aligned on delivering against the impact and value we define with our clients.
And lastly, often times your role will include pre-sales, learning & development, team lead and project management activities. We weren't lying when we said it was a versatile role!
What you should have:
You know your way around digital and you get project and program management like no other, because you have spent your career becoming a leader in this field . Your experiences allow you to always see the bigger picture and talk strategy, branding, design, marketing and development at the same time. Aside from that you think from the customer's perspective and translate this to actions for the team.
In addition to above you have:
• 8-10 years’ experience in digital program and/or senior project management within a digital agency environment
• Deep experience in customer contact and stakeholder management up to c-level executives.
• Extensive knowledge of program management - and the ability to prove it
• Experience with delivery of technical programs within commerce
• Extensive experience in Large Scale Scrum (LeSS) and Scaled Agile frameworks and some knowledge of other methodologies
• Experience working with product management teams in an agile scrum environment and the ability to translate product roadmaps into actionable delivery plans.
• Fluent English skills; written and spoken
• Affinity for commerce, technology, composable architectures, and large-scale delivery with distributed teams
• A flexible mindset. Depending on the program and client, we occasionally work at the client or one of our other locations
• A servant leader mentality and ability to switch between strategic level and operational interventions by leading by example where necessary
• Advantage: certification in project management (e.g. PRINCE2, PMI-ACP, PMP, Scaled Agilist (SAFe5), DASM)
Here’s a little about us:
Valtech is a global digital agency that focuses on business transformation for our clients. Founded in 1993, Valtech has established itself as one of the largest independent global agency groups with more than 3.000 exceptional individuals operating out of 40+ offices in 15 countries. We work with some of the world’s best-known brands from travel to retail, connected experiences to automotive and we’re now ready to bring on even more talented colleagues to join us.
We believe diversity is essential to creating the best digital products & experiences. Valtech is committed to providing and maintaining a work environment where all employees and candidates are treated with dignity and respect and that is free of bias, prejudice, and harassment. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, ethnicity, citizenship, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
So, if you are looking for your next challenge? Then this is your chance to join our team of exceptionally talented, creative and innovative professionals working with composable Best-of-Breed technology platforms within the large-scale digital experience and e-commerce business area.