As a Content Design consultant, you’ll work within an agile team, creating content that will change the way users access services. You’ll gather information from specialists and use your skills to make create information assets that are simple and easy to understand. You’ll embrace the learnings from user research to evolve the team’s thinking, and make sure we build the best possible solution for our users.
You’ll need experience of organising and finessing content, and a talent for writing in a way that users can understand. At Valtech you’ll work alongside some of the most talented and friendly people you could wish to meet.
What You'll Do:
- Guide the content quality across a project
- Run content audits and identify opportunities for content improvements
- Follow existing guidelines, or create new writing style guides as needed
- Absorb and integrate information from legal and compliance experts
- Create content options for experimentation
- Embrace learnings from research and quantitative analysis of data
- Help define the information architecture for a solution
- Work closely with designers, researchers and the entire team
What You'll Need
- Examples of your work that show you can create digital content that has an impact
- Familiarity with at least one content management system
- The ability to help build an information architecture for use in products, menus and tagging
- Experience using web analytics data to inform content design decisions
- Ability to develop ideas, and execute against them in a highly collaborative environment
- Excellent oral, written, communication and presentation skills
- Ability to cut through ambiguity
- Ability to make things appear simple to users
- Willingness to get out of the building and the real users
Preferred qualifications – you do not need to have these qualifications, and we can help you gain this experience if you don’t already have it
- Degree or doctorate in English or a similar subject
- Experience as a content designer, information architect, or similar role
- Proficiency in a variety of tools for creating content
- Experience working on government projects
- Experience mapping out the IA of complex transactional services
- Familiarity with agile techniques and iterations, and Lean UX
- Able to edit HTML
- Sitecore experience
About our Projects
At Valtech, we work across government and the commercial sector, on some of the most challenging and interesting projects. Our success is built on delivering quality user experiences at the time they are needed, and we care about positive outcomes even more than the technology we build. Much of the work we do helps vulnerable people, and hopefully like you, we’re passionate about making solutions accessible to all.
All this hard work doesn’t get in the way of building great working relationships. Some of the best and brightest call Valtech their professional home. We have an empowered working environment and a culture of innovation and shared learning. We make time for fun activities, so we get to know each other better.
Join our team
You’ll work across a broad range of projects in the public and private sector. Whether it’s transport, health, central government, housing or helping the most vulnerable on society, your contribution will have an impact and bring about positive change in the world. As a valued member of the team, you’ll help your colleagues understand what we can do to make life better for our users.
We look forward to hearing from you!