Hey controller! Do budgets, forecasts and financial statements make your heart beat faster? Is ‘Analysis’ your middle name? And is the end of the month the time you really thrive? Then read on, because Valtech needs you!
What will you be doing?
As our new controller, you will spend most of your working hours on a timely and reliable month-end closing and the delivery of solid management information. But also drawing up budgets, forecasts and financial statements will be a big part of your job. Time for quarterly reviews and audit of the financial statement? You are the first point of contact for our external auditors. Besides that, you support your colleagues with financial issues. And do you see a way to optimize a financial process? Great! We value your ideas and input a whole lot.
We know you are all about the numbers. This is how you job looks like in percentages:
- 45% month-end closing
- 25% prepare estimates, forecasts and financial statement
- 10% accountant tasks
- 15% optimization financial processes
- 5% other
What do we expect from you?
An impeccable sense for numbers – but that shouldn’t come as a surprise to you. Next to this, we ask the following from you:
- You have completed a financial study at HBO or WO level, like Business Economics, Business Administration, Controlling or Accountancy
- You have good analytical skills
- You have an affinity with data and IT in combination with finance
- You have at least 3 years of relevant work experience
- You have excellent MS-Office knowledge and skills
- Knowledge of AFAS & Power BI is a plus
- You have affinity with the digital work field
- You have good set of writing and speaking skills (both in Dutch and English)
- You are a quick thinker, flexible, independent, responsible, self-reliant, proactive and reliable
- You are available for a minimum of 32 hours per week
- You don’t mind working (partly) from home – at least while the Covid-19 measures last
* Note to non-EU nationals: we require a valid workpermit and residency in the Netherlands.
What do we offer in return?
Good employment terms and conditions, a competitive salary, laptop and mobile phone and plenty of room to develop yourself and bring in your own ideas. How quickly your career progresses and how fast your salary grows depends entirely on you – with some help from your mentor, of course. Our internal Academy also helps you continue to develop yourself. In addition, you can follow a work-related educational programme with an external provider (in consultation with your mentor). And because work, learning and private life are increasingly entwined, you can arrange your working time flexibly to match your creative peaks. Can’t get enough of your fun new colleagues? At the social activities organized by our PeeVee and the (online) VrijMiBo, you get to see even more of them.
Acquisition not appreciated