We take the complicated and make it simple. We support our clients in the research, design and marketing of smart digital experiences and interfaces. We develop innovative products.
We’re passionate about digital and we live in the possibilities of the future. We thrive on agility and on constant concern for the end user’s experience.
Our Creative Director is part of a leadership team that will stop at nothing to inspire even more conceptual innovation and creativity. This CD will be based out of our NY office and must serve not only as a catalyst for innovation, but also as a leader to a team of talented creatives.
The CD will partner with our Strategy team in order to deliver the most relevant and original creative concepts, across all industries. Versatility is a must, as you will work both on client work and prospective business opportunities — all the while providing some hands-on effort as we bring ideas to life!
As our lead creative in the New York office, your main job will be to inspire and aspire. Are you up for the challenge? Then read on.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- A strong leader
- Experience across a variety of industries
- Excellent client rapport and mad presentation skills
- A hands-on creative who is willing to get their hands dirty.
- You’re a master communicator. You know how to get your point across to anyone who will listen and your passion and enthusiasm motivate your colleagues to innovate.
- Stress is your friend. Crazy deadlines, multiple projects, dozens of stakeholders – bring them on. You don’t just survive in fast-paced environments, you thrive in them.
So enough about what we want - here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Working with other designers and/or freelancers throughout all stages of creative work from conceptualization to execution
- Exceptional ability for assimilating high-level design briefs to provide on-brand creative direction and orchestrate project execution
- Managing multiple projects, deliverables, timelines, and freelancers/animators simultaneously
- Building and sustaining effective working relationships with internal clients as well as with external production partners and/or vendor
- Staying up-to-date with recent design methodologies, trends and techniques; proactively searching for and recommending new best practices
- Inspiring, supporting and encouraging the Creative team through constructive feedback and frequent planned communications
- Ability to work late or on weekends if needed (very occasional travel may be required)
- Work in collaboration with the VP Strategy & Experience to estimate time and efforts for new projects
- Participate to sales pitch meetings and proposals
- 8+ years’ experience in digital design at a senior level or higher, preferably in web agency or advertising environment
- Expertise with Sketch, and all Adobe CC: Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Acrobat, and other software used in graphical design as well as Keynote and Powerpoint
- Proven track record showing numerous successful projects
- Experience in branding and digital campaigns
- Self-starter / ability to work well with high-level direction
- Ability to meet fast-turnaround deadlines early or on time
- Organized and effective at following instructions
- Basic video editing skills and knowledge of After Effects
- Think outside the box while considering fundamental design rules
- Charisma to drive brand engagement and positive attitude!
- Strong work ethic and inclination to join a fast-paced company
Here’s what it’s like to work for us:
We’re advisors, visionaries, creative and techies…with an agency mindset. We believe in working together, and that the best results come when we pool our knowledge and brainstorm the right solution for our customers.
We embrace all things digital.
Our ambition is to become global leader in the digital space. No more, no less. Our customers look to us to help them succeed in the digital landscape. We deliver work that makes them the leaders in their industries, based on a thorough understanding of their business and a close collaboration with their employees.
We talk to each other.
We work in an open environment, with business developers, web technologists, strategists and creatives sitting side-by-side, pooling their collective wisdom in order to come up with the best solution for our clients.
We have fun.
We don’t believe in boredom. We do work hard, and we put in the hours we need to get the job done, but we also have a vibrant, dynamic atmosphere with passionate colleagues who enjoy what they do.
We love our clients.
Seriously! They are the reason why we are here. And why wouldn’t we? We are working with some of the biggest and most interesting brands in the world, along with a lot of other companies that all have great ambition to succeed in the digital space.
Valtech has almost 3,000 employees across 38 offices worldwide. In North America, we have offices in New York, Dallas, Chicago, Toronto and Montreal.
We’re looking ahead.
We are driven by a visionary mindset, and that means there is plenty of room for initiative and for talented people to shape who we are tomorrow.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.