Who are we?
Valtech is a multi-award winning digital agency with 3000 talented people in 45 beautiful offices across 16 countries. We work with some of the world’s best known brands, from airlines and travel companies, to the leading retailers, luxury brands and automotive and B2B companies. We also have a lasting legacy with the UK Government built over 25 years of transforming the user experience to improve lives. So, whether you are renewing a Blue Badge, booking your next holiday or ordering your Friday night takeaway, we’re at the heart of it.
We transform our clients’ businesses and offer transformative job opportunities for those who join us. We transform by doing across commerce, connected experiences, digital platforms, marketing and more.
We are founding members of the MACH Alliance, whose goal it is to help enterprise organizations navigate the complex modern technology landscape. We aim to guide and show how businesses can benefit from open tech ecosystems that are Microservices based, API-first, Cloud-native SaaS and Headless.
How we deliver?
There are some fundamental principles to the way that we deliver. While we are pragmatic in our approach to any specific project, if you don’t share these values we are unlikely to be a good fit for you:
• Cross-functional teams
Agile methods have always emphasised the merit of teams with all the skills necessary to delivery on user’s needs. To work effectively in a multi-disciplinary team it helps to be genuinely interested in the work of those in other roles. We value the flexibility to pick up slack across other areas of capability as well as expertise and specialization.
We find that diverse groups working together come to better solutions. In user testing this approach builds empathy in the team. In design we collaborate to test ideas and develop alternatives. As a team we work together to improve our approach.
• Continuous learning
This applies to product development as it applies to individuals. Our projects are designed to engage with uncertainty creating opportunities to learn. We use experiments, prototypes and hypotheses to learn about user behaviour, design algorithms and select technologies. Our communities of practice provide a space for us to improve and learn from peers. While as individuals a personal training budget enables opportunity to grow and develop.
• Outcome Focus
When driving our projects we focus on outcomes. Knowing how a project will be deemed a success by users and customers enables creativity and innovation.
A data architect is responsible for visualising designing, creating, deploying, and managing an organisation's data architecture. Data architects define how the data will be stored, consumed, integrated, and managed by different data entities and IT systems, as well as any applications using or processing that data in some way. You will be closely allied with business architecture and solve business problems by aligning data systems and outcomes with business objectives and key results (OKR).
You’ll have several years of experience and have gone through the full project lifecycle on numerous occasions to see how design decisions play out in production. You will have the following skills and experience:
- Strong written, diagrammatic and spoken communication; ability to present to senior stakeholders.
- Experience with varied types of data: tabular, connected, time-series, geospatial, image, etc.
- Different types of database – relational; document; graph; columnar; key-value.
- Large scale data processing platforms, typically based on Hadoop / Spark
- Knowledge of Data Architecture Best Practices and Data processing capabilities in Azure; AWS and GCP.
- Business intelligence / analytics products or frameworks
- Data visualisation frameworks
- Data analysis and data modelling requirements
- Experience working with cloud platforms and working with relevant PaaS / SaaS offerings.
- Knowledge of data integration technologies.
- Knowledge of distributed computing & information security.
- Programming experience in languages such as Java or Python is a bonus.
- While you may not have an exclusively agile background, you strive to work to these principles.
We’re looking for someone with a maker mentality, who wants to join a company full of diverse, intelligent and talented people. Someone who wants to shake things up and fill their days with problem solving, innovation and phenomenal client projects. Someone who is ready to do the best work of their life…. things they are really and genuinely proud of, with opportunities to travel far and wide, learn every day and to really and truly meet their potential.
Diversity and Inclusion at Valtech
At Valtech, we’re here to engineer experiences that work and reach every single person. To do this, we are proactive about creating workplaces that work for every person at Valtech. Our goal is to create an equitable workplace which gives people from all backgrounds the support they need to thrive, grow and meet their goals (whatever they may be).
As part of this work, we’re sharing an optional anonymous survey with you after your application. This survey will help us better understand the people who apply to work at Valtech. It'll help us see how different demographics progress through our hiring process, and where we need to make improvements to give them a better chance of succeeding. If you choose to fill it out, all of the information you give us is:
- Voluntary. And we've included a "prefer not to say" option for every question. It'd be helpful if you still fill out the survey even if you choose "prefer not to say" for every question, as it's useful for us to understand & record this. We won't know if you choose to fill this survey in or not.
- Anonymous to Valtech. We can't tie your responses to you and they won't make a difference to the outcome of your application. We'll only use grouped responses for equal opportunities monitoring in our hiring process.
For more information on how we'll use this data, please read our candidate privacy notice.
By filling out the survey, you agree that we can use your responses for the purposes we've mentioned above.