Valtech is more than just a digital agency. Whilst we’ve been transforming our clients’ businesses for over 25 years, we’ve also been working hard to offer transformative job opportunities for our colleagues across the world.
From graduates to seasoned professionals who are experts in their field, Valtech will always be recognised not just for the quality of work we deliver, but for all of the amazing people that make it happen.
We are 3000+ people in nearly 40 offices in 16 countries. We work with some of the world’s best known brands from travel to retail, connected experiences to automotive and we don’t just talk about how to get things done, we really transform by doing.
There are some fundamental principles to the way that we deliver.
Cross-functional teams: Agile methods have always emphasised the merit of teams with all the skills necessary to delivery on user’s needs. To work effectively in a multi-disciplinary team it helps to be genuinely interested in the work of those in other roles. We value the flexibility to pick up slack across other areas of capability as well as expertise and specialization.
Collaboration: We find that diverse groups working together come to better solutions. In user testing this approach builds empathy in the team. In design we collaborate to test ideas and develop alternatives. As a team we work together to improve our approach.
Continuous learning: This applies to product development as it applies to individuals. Our projects are designed to engage with uncertainty creating opportunities to learn. We use experiments, prototypes and hypotheses to learn about user behaviour, design algorithms and select technologies. Our communities of practice provide a space for us to improve and learn from peers. While as individuals a personal training budget enables opportunity to grow and develop.
Outcome Focus: When driving our projects we focus on outcomes. Knowing how a project will be deemed a success by users and customers enables creativity and innovation.
You’ll take overall responsibility on behalf of Valtech for the design and quality of data-centric solutions delivered to our customers. Our architects are involved in the detail, and you can expect to work closely with the engineering team. You’re also likely to become a ‘go-to’ authority within the company when it comes to data solutions, keeping up to date with industry developments and using your experience to assess the risk profiles of new projects.
You will have a broad responsibility for coordinating, leading and delivering solutions, this will include -
- Architectural design for new systems, primarily focused on data flow pipelines, storage and analytics.
- Analysis of business problems to understand system requirements, including quality attributes such as performance, availability and security.
- Undertaking information assurance where required.
- Engagement of technical and non-technical customer stakeholders at various levels in the organisation, advising and managing expectations where required.
- Technology evaluation / assessment; identifying & recommending platforms and services.
- Technical leadership of engineering teams, including mentoring where needed.
- Representing the company in public forums.
- Be instrumental in helping to build an Architecture function and work alongside a strong team of Data Scientists, Analysts and Data Engineers.
You’ll have several years of experience, having gone through the full project lifecycle on numerous occasions; you’ve seen how design decisions play out in production. You may have worked in traditional data warehousing environments, but you are up to speed with more contemporary data architectures based on open source technologies.
You will have the following skills and experience -
- Strong written, diagrammatic and spoken communication; ability to present to senior stakeholders.
- Experience with varied types of data: tabular, connected, time-series, geospatial, image, etc.
- Practical knowledge of:
- Different types of database – relational; document; graph; columnar; key-value.
- Large scale data processing platforms, typically based on Hadoop / Spark
- Business intelligence / analytics products or frameworks
- Data visualisation frameworks
- Data analysis and data modelling requirements
- Experience working with cloud platforms and working with relevant PaaS / SaaS offerings.
- Knowledge of data integration technologies.
- Knowledge of distributed computing & information security.
- Programming experience in languages such as Java or Python is a bonus.
- While you may not have an exclusively agile background, you strive to work to these principles.