Dedicated tech lead - Composable
At Valtech, we imagine and create the world of tomorrow!
Before we continue to dive into the requirements for the role let’s talk about Why you should join Valtech?
Flexibility: We trust in the expertise, skills, and actions of our colleagues. That’s why we provide a flexible work schedule that supports work/life balance.
Career Advancement: We offer a career, not just a job. We invest in the personal and professional growth of every employee because we believe growth leads to both business impact and personal fulfillment.
Learning and Development: We foster a culture that encourages and promotes professional growth and development, with continuous learning through our in house LMS (Ask us about the Academy)
The perks :
- Flexible PTO Policy!
- Valtech is lucky to collaborate with amazing organizations (local to global). If you want to learn and grow as an eCommerce specialist, this is the place for you.
- Flexible schedule, with a 37.5 hour work week.
- The possibility to work remotely and $500 to outfit your home office when you first start.
- The possibility to work from wherever you want (subject to approval).
- Life, medical and dental insurance with 24/7 access to counseling and telemedicine & an employee assistance program (EAP).
- A community of supportive people (from your day-to-day colleagues to the company owners).
- Offices all across the globe including in Montreal and in Sainte-Thérèse, on the northshore of Montreal.
- A strong corporate culture where the values Share, Dare and Care are a part of the company’s DNA.
Back to the role:
What you will do:
As a Technical Lead, you will be assigned to a specific development project in line with your level of expertise and knowledge. Accompanied by the practice team, and through your technical leadership and strong knowledge of the technology platform(s), you will guide your team, your customer and the other stakeholders involved in your project so that they make the best technical decisions leading to the successful implementation of the solution and its longevity.
- Develop, implement and maintain applications developed with project-specific technologies.
- Actively participates in the delivery of his project, at a minimum of 80% of his time.
- Connect third-party systems to e-commerce platforms.
- Participate in estimation and refinement meetings, carve out required tasks and participate in sprint reviews.
- Demonstrate human and technical leadership across his or her area of expertise within the company.
- Ensure that the technical solutions implemented in the project are delivered according to Valtech's quality standards.
- Ensure that project leaders make the technical decisions that will lead to successful implementation.
- Facilitate communication between the various departments and/or teams involved in project delivery.
- Ensure that best practices in terms of QA and code quality are implemented within the development team.
- Ensure that team members have the necessary skills to deliver the project.
- Play the role of mentor to raise the skills of team members, lead by example and act as coach and technical leader.
- Participate in various initiatives related to the company's growth, such as interviews, training sessions, practice meetings or integration of new colleagues or new customers, inter-team and project movements.
- Keeps abreast of technological developments to adapt to different technologies and concepts in a short space of time.
What you should have:
- At least 5 years' experience in a development role.
- Knowledge of project-specific platforms (composable)
- You have experience in the ecommerce domain is a plus"
- You have experience with headless content and commerce platforms is a plus"
- You have good leadership skills and a coaching attitude, with a facility for popularizing concepts.
- You have a facility for learning new concepts quickly
- You are a self-starter
- You have a college diploma and/or a bachelor's degree in programming or equivalent experience.
- You are fluent in English, both when communicating with customers and future colleagues (French, Spanish, Portuguese an asset).
- You have already worked in an Agile development environment and are familiar with the SCRUM and Kanban methodologies (or have some knowledge of them!).
- You have a very good understanding of the concepts behind DevOps.
- You have PSD certification, Professional Scrum Developer (an asset).
Here’s a little about us
Valtech is a global digital agency that focuses on business transformation for our clients. Founded in 1993, Valtech has established itself as one of the largest independent global agency groups with more than 6,000 exceptional individuals operating out of 51+ offices in 19 countries. We work with some of the world’s best-known brands from travel to retail, connected experiences to automotive and we’re now ready to bring on even more talented colleagues to join us.
We believe diversity is essential to creating the best digital products & experiences. Valtech is committed to providing and maintaining a work environment where all employees and candidates are treated with dignity and respect and that is free of bias, prejudice, and harassment. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, ethnicity, citizenship, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Valtech is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates who require them (such as those with limitations, caring responsibilities or anything else they may need accommodations for) in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.