As a Junior Delivery Manager, you’ll be running an agile team (with our support), leading the team to solve our customer’s problems and build digital services to meet user needs. You’ll be building relationships with client stakeholders, making sense of their business needs and shaping what is delivered. You’ll put in place agile ways of working and collaborate with the team to improve them, govern the quality of what’s produced and encourage and track progress against goals.
You’ll be good with people and will care about the team, the client and doing a great job. You’ll be comfortable being visible leading from the front and quietly so from the back, encouraging everyone else to shine too. At Valtech you will work alongside some of the most talented people you could wish to meet, who will help you build on your experience and skills.
What you’ll do
- Establish and maintain good relationships with the client
- Coach the client to perform and excel in their agile project roles
- Actively manage the team on a day-to-day basis to complete agreed activities, providing structure (agile processes and ceremonies) and direction
- Help build the multi-disciplined team and bring in staff with the right skills
- Motivate and inspire the team and manage conflict if it arises
- Facilitate meetings and workshops and enable colleagues to do the same
- Report to delivery director and escalate risks and issues
- Be aware of the commercials and ensure we are doing what we said we would do
- Follow Valtech internal processes
- Be accountable for delivery
What you’ll need
- Ability to engage with customers and manage stakeholders.
- Excellent communication skills and a willingness to give and take constructive feedback
- Practical experience in Agile project delivery and managing multidisciplinary teams
- Knowledge of Agile principles, tools and techniques.
- Understanding of estimation, tracking, governance, financial and progress reporting in an Agile environment.
- Willingness to challenge and change direction when something doesn’t make sense or feel right
- Ability to work with uncertainty
- Awareness of time and materials versus fixed price commercials and how it might impact the project
Specialist Skills & Requirements
In a nutshell
Experience: Leading and managing people and projects to solve problems and build digital services
Skills: Engaging people, shaping delivery to deliver agreed outcomes using an agile methodology
About our projects
At Valtech, we work across the public and the commercial sector, on some of the most challenging and interesting projects. Our success is built on delivering quality user experiences at the time they are needed, and we care about positive outcomes even more than the technology we build. Much of the work we do helps vulnerable people, and hopefully like you, we’re passionate about making solutions accessible to all.
All this hard work doesn’t get in the way of building great working relationships. Some of the best and brightest call Valtech their professional home. We have an empowered working environment and a culture of innovation and shared learning. We make time for fun activities, so we get to know each other better.
Join our team
You’ll work across a broad range of projects in the public and private sector. Whether it’s transport, health, central government, housing or helping the most vulnerable on society, your contribution will have an impact and bring about positive change in the world. As a valued member of the team, you’ll help your colleagues understand what we can do to make life better for our users.
What you will receive in return
The chance to work on a variety of projects and learn from some truly talented people who care about the work they do and our clients.
This is a fantastic opportunity to progress your career as a Delivery Manager and Valtech will provide you with all the training, coaching and mentoring for you grow and be successful in your role.
We look forward to hearing from you!