Who are we?
Valtech is a multi-award winning digital agency with 3,000+ people in 45 beautiful offices across 15 countries. We work with major global brands like L’Oréal, Heineken, Toyota, BMW and the NHS to deliver the future of digital technology and transform business results. In the UK, this work is further complimented by a long history of engagements in the UK Government and public sector, with over 25 years of transforming the user experience to improve lives. So, whether you are renewing a Blue Badge, booking your next holiday or ordering your Friday night takeaway, we’re making it happen.
We transform our clients’ businesses and offer transformative job opportunities for those who join us. We transform by doing across commerce, connected experiences, digital platforms, marketing and more.
We are looking for a design leader who wants to drive design across multiple key clients. You can demonstrate how great design will drive and deliver our clients’ outcomes across products and services.
At Valtech we promise to make products and services that will delight users. We take a user centered design approach to delivering on this promise. Some of our clients are delivering products while others are delivering services. All of our clients operate in complex digital environments. You must have deep experience of delivering and engaging stakeholders in the design process so they will buy into the solutions we’re proposing.
From user research to envisioning, designing and implementing concepts to solutions, you will infuse empathy, creativity and strategy to ideate and innovate across project outcomes. In this role you will lead and support design engagements across a range of industries and project types for Valtech clients to drive client growth.
- Applied experience in user centered design and/or service design with a design thinking background as mandatory
- Demonstrable experience leading and supporting design across atypical phases of digital projects i.e. Discovery to Beta/MVPs to Live
- Experience across complex digital development projects and programmes of work
- Experience of delivering design solution to senior stakeholders
- Experience of engaging senior stakeholders in the design process including stakeholder interviewing and relationship development, meeting and workshop development, through ideation and co-design workshops
- Clear experience working closely with other digital project team roles (from business analysts to developers)
- Excellent creative and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrable experience leading in some combination of the following domains: experience design, service design, creative direction, experience strategy, innovation and implementation, visual design direction, experience design measurement
- Strong core consulting skills including: ability to craft compelling and actionable design solutions, management and facilitation, storytelling, writing and presentation development, ideation and concept development, insights development and data analysis
- Experience working across with account and pre-sales teams to develop new business
- Clear design experience across multiple sectors working with medium to large organisations
- Experience of working within Agile delivery projects and delivering design to an Agile project cadence
- Willingness to travel to work with clients and project teams nationally and internationally (once COVID pandemic allows)
Nice to have:
- Experience across retail and ecommerce
- Experience line managing design disciplines
- Experience developing service design capability within your organisation
- Experience both client-side and agency-side