Valtech Mobility, is a Germany-based Joint Venture with Volkswagen Group (CARIAD), offering global carmakers a full spectrum of connected vehicle platforms and mobility services. We enable our customers (Volkswagen, Audi, Porsche, Bentley, Skoda and many more) to provide safe, smart and comfortable, connected mobility experiences globally in 65 countries. Successful candidates shall become part of the international connected car team, delivering state of the art vehicle tech solutions and have a chance to spend a few weeks in Germany on-rotation basis.
We are proud of the solutions we have been delivering in the connected vehicles domain, managing more than 25 million vehicles on our vehicle platform and providing connected car services (e.g. streaming, infotainment, remote, V2X/Car2x).
Get in touch if you’re looking to work on challenging projects in an international environment with the best German carmakers in a culture that encourages freedom and responsibility.
Personal and professional development
/ Internal workshops & learning initiatives via Academy and online portals
/ German language classes compensation
/ Professional certifications reimbursement
/ Participation in professional local & global communities
/ Growth and development possibilities
We are looking for a seasoned DevOps Engineer with at least 5+ years of experience in the software industry, international projects and a minimum of 3+ years of working in a DevOps environment.
You will be working as part of a cross-functional team that takes responsibility for their applications throughout the full lifecycle. The team is currently working with a focus on design and development and will expand its focus to operational and automation aspects. We would like you to bring in your DevOps knowledge and experience to contribute to delivering excellency by the connected car team.
Mandatory mindset, skillset and experience
- Applicants need to bring a mindset of taking responsibility for their work from design, through implementation and into operations
- Background and relevant hands-on experience with Microsoft Azure
- Practical experience with CI/CD tools, like Azure DevOps, Jenkins or Concourse
- Experience working in agile teams, possibly with methodologies like Scrum, Kanban, SAFe or similar
- Experience in implementing and operating on Kubernetes-based deployments
- Experience with microservice architecture and container technologies such as
- Administer, Monitor, and troubleshoot infrastructure and applications
- Solid knowledge of HTTP and Rest
- Solid knowledge of using, administering, and scripting Linux/Unix
- Willingness to work closely with team members, share responsibility, work, and praise
- Willingness to learn about the content of the delivered applications invest in building domain knowledge and becoming a subject matter expert
- Good communication skills, good command of English and willingness to work in a globally distributed team
Ideal candidates should also have
- Experience with Kubernetes deployments with Helm
- Development experience in Java stack
- Understanding of security techniques including Firewalls/Security Groups, Threat Modelling, and Dependency Management.
- Experience in architectural design of cloud infrastructure
- Infrastructure as a code such as Terraform or ARM
- Experience of using monitoring tools such as Dynatrace, ELK stack or Grafana
What is important is having some of the skills, but also having ideas to bring to the table, wanting to have input into how we do things and wanting to pick up new skills along the way.
At Valtech, we’re here to engineer experiences that work and reach every single person. To do this, we are proactive about creating workplaces that work for every person at Valtech. Our goal is to create an equitable workplace which gives people from all backgrounds the support they need to thrive, grow and meet their goals (whatever they may be). You can find out more about what we’re doing to create a Valtech for everyone here.
Please do not worry if you do not meet all of the criteria or if you have some gaps in your CV. We’d love to hear from you and see if you’re our next member of the Valtech team!