At Valtech, we imagine and create the world of tomorrow!
With more than 5,000 innovative profiles, creatives, developers, designers and digital experts working in its 50 offices around the world, Valtech distinguishes itself by its end-user centric approach and its innovation process. With its values of sharing, boldness and authenticity, Valtech makes sure to put the human element at the heart of the digital experiences it develops - for its clients as well as for its employees.
At Valtech_Commerce, we are more than 300 employees who are passionate about e-commerce. By joining us, you'll be part of a company that puts people first and you'll be able to grow and evolve with access to a global network of innovators.
What you will do:
Over two years ago, Valtech established a digital accessibility practice with an ambitious vision to change, little by little, how the web and digital experiences are designed and implemented. As this vision is becoming a reality, we are now looking to add an Accessibility Specialist to continue the growth of the practice - we want to make Valtech a world leader in this area, eventually. (We still have a ways to go.)
As an integral part of the Customer Experience (CX) team, the Digital Accessibility Specialist supports the development, design, consulting and sales teams in the realization of their deliverables - ensuring the highest possible level of compliance, depending on the context of the client, project, etc.
- Support production teams by providing accessibility tools and best practices;
- Provide support to the design teams as we work towards the goal of "Accessibility by Design".
- Advise various entities on what processes to maintain or implement in terms of accessibility.
- Assist teams strategically and technically in achieving accessibility compliance.
The Accessibility Specialist is responsible for:
- Advising project teams to ensure or optimize the accessibility level of eCommerce sites;
- Being an internal reference on technical, technological, legal and conceptual (design) aspects that influence compliance with current accessibility standards;
- Perform accessibility evaluations;
In collaboration with the Accessibility Practice Leader :
- Perform accessibility assessments based on desired level of compliance;
- Ensure quality control on development tasks and support production teams;
- Advise our clients on actions to take to mitigate the risks of non-compliance;
- Keep up to date with new standards, legislation and methods of application of accessibility;
- Participate in the training of Valtech's internal teams;
- Train our clients and their teams on the basics of accessibility;
- Explain, communicate and popularize accessibility issues;
- Contribute to the writing and application of processes specific to the practice;
- Position yourself as a reference for the practice within the company;
- Participate in the establishment of innovative and effective strategies;
- Contribute to the development and strengthening of technological partnerships related to the practice.
What you should have:
- In-depth knowledge of the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG);
- Knowledge of HTML and its semantics;
- Knowledge of Accessible Rich Internet Applications (ARIA);
- Mastery of the conceptual (design) and technical requirements for implementing accessibility principles in a Web project;
- Knowledge of ADA, AODA, SGQRI etc.;
- Familiarity with the legal jargon used in discussions of compliances issues;
- Ability to use the most commonly used screen readers (e.g. NVDA, JAWS, VoiceOver and Talkback etc.);
- Minimum of 3 years experience in implementing digital accessibility;
- Leadership, initiative, positive attitude, creativity and diplomacy;
- Strong interpersonal, communication and adaptability skills;
- Analytical skills and attention to detail;
- Excellent oral and written skills in French and English.
- Experience in Web development (Front End, Back-End) OR experience in quality assurance (QA);
- Experience or knowledge of interface design (UI), user experience design (UX), design, graphic design;
- Experience or familiarity with the Atlassian suite (Confluence, Jira);
- Experience in a consulting or digital agency context (digital, finally);
- Know what "A11Y" means.
The perks :
- Flexible PTO Policy!
- Valtech_ is lucky to collaborate with amazing organizations (local to global). If you want to learn and grow as an eCommerce specialist, this is the place for you.
- Flexible schedule, with a 37.5 hour work week.
- The possibility to work remotely and $500 to outfit your home office when you first start.
- The possibility to work from wherever you want (subject to approval).
- Life, medical and dental insurance with 24/7 access to counseling and telemedicine & an employee assistance program (EAP).
- Company contribution to your retirement savings.
- A community of supportive people (from your day-to-day colleagues to the company owners).
- Offices all across the globe including in Montreal and in Sainte-Thérèse, on the northshore of Montreal.
- A strong corporate culture where the values Share, Dare and Care are a part of the company’s DNA.
Want to learn more about our unique culture and awesome people click here