At Valtech, we imagine and create the world of tomorrow!
With more than 5,000 innovative profiles, creatives, developers, designers and digital experts working in its 50 offices around the world, Valtech distinguishes itself by its end-user centric approach and its innovation process. With its values of sharing, boldness and authenticity, Valtech makes sure to put the human element at the heart of the digital experiences it develops - for its clients as well as for its employees.
At Valtech_Commerce, we are more than 300 employees who are passionate about e-commerce. By joining us, you'll be part of a company that puts people first and you'll be able to grow and evolve with access to a global network of innovators.
What you will do:
As an integral part of the Customer Experience team, the Digital Accessibility Specialist supports the development, UI/UX design, consulting and sales teams in the realization of their deliverables by ensuring the highest possible level of compliance, depending on the context of the client, the project, etc.
- Advancing the cause of accessibility for businesses here and around the world,
- Work in collaboration with passionate colleagues who are experts in their field,
- Evaluate the feasibility of ideas and features from the drawing board,
- Evaluate accessibility and user experience with our designers and UX,
- Participate in the quality control phase to evaluate the accessibility of web components coded by our development teams,
- Take charge of the accessibility evaluation of websites for our clients who must comply with laws and/or because they are sensitive to the cause (yes, we do!)
- Create documentation, design annotations, etc.
- Manage and present your work to our teams and clients like a pro!
What you should have:
- In-depth knowledge of the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG);
- You have between 3 and 5 years of experience in digital accessibility;
- You have experience or training in front-end web development, user experience (UX/UI) and/or quality assurance;
- You have at least 2 years of experience in conducting accessibility evaluations of websites;
- You master the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) and its various concepts including ARIA;
- You love code as much as design! You master Web standards (W3C), HTML semantics and UX principles;
- You know the accessibility laws in North America, their requirements and how to apply them;
- You describe yourself as proactive, meticulous and detail-oriented;
- You are fluent in French and English, both spoken and written. (an asset);
- You are IAAP (International Association of Accessibility Professionals) certified;
- You are familiar with the eCommerce world;
- Experience or familiarity with the Atlassian suite (Confluence, Jira);
- Experience in a consulting or digital agency context (digital, finally);
- Knowledge of what "A11Y" means;
The perks :
- Flexible PTO Policy!
- Valtech is lucky to collaborate with amazing organizations (local to global). If you want to learn and grow as an eCommerce specialist, this is the place for you.
- Flexible schedule, with a 37.5 hour work week.
- The possibility to work remotely and $500 to outfit your home office when you first start.
- The possibility to work from wherever you want (subject to approval).
- Life, medical and dental insurance with 24/7 access to counseling and telemedicine & an employee assistance program (EAP).
- Company contribution to your retirement savings.
- A community of supportive people (from your day-to-day colleagues to the company owners).
- Offices all across the globe including in Montreal and in Sainte-Thérèse, on the northshore of Montreal.
- A strong corporate culture where the values Share, Dare and Care are a part of the company’s DNA.