Valtech is looking for a Director Commerce Technologies(m/f/d) with a strong servant leader mindset. If you can recognize yourself in someone who knows how to implement a technical solution successfully, then we are looking for you!
What will you be doing?
As Director Commerce Technologies (m/f/d) working at Valtech you bridge the gap between business and technology. You interact with stakeholders on all levels of the client organization and are able to translate business challenges and goals into sound and solid technical solutions which bring value and help support the goals of the client.
Understanding and picking apart business processes behind digital journeys and being able to pinpoint improvements on both process itself as well as supporting technology is key in your daily work. You are able to translate opportunities for improvement, or the necessity for change, into a clear narrative towards the client organization, building support for transformation at sponsor level.
You support client teams in discovery and foundation phases in the search for future proof solutions on any scale within a client project. During, and directly after, foundation, you are translating business into technology on a level detailed enough for agile teams to understand and transform into tangible requirements to kickstart development afterwards.
What do we expect from you?
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in designing and implementing enterprise solutions. A minimum of 10 years experience as a solution architect.
- Background in - or demonstrable feeling with - the digital agency world (thinking of a playing field, biggest contenders and platforms available)
- Strong organizational leader. Able to build and lead teams in the commerce domain
- Strategy and vision. Should be able to work with other people to define the commerce strategy and vision on a regular basis
- Demonstrable experience in the fields of Enterprise Commerce Applications (Commercetools, SAP Commerce, Adobe Commerce, Salesforce Commerce Cloud), Content Management, Integrations and Microservices.
- Proven background in architecting, implementing, leading, and delivering enterprise-scale projects/programs following the principles behind MACH (Microservices based, API-first, Cloud-native SaaS and Headless) is a plus.
- Proven cloud and serverless experience, preferably via Azure, AWS, or GCP is a plus.
- Ability to plan and conduct discovery workshops with customers.
- Active involvement in RFP/RFI and presales activities.
- Experience working with platform-partners / identifying potential new partners in the field of commerce
- Consulting business side client stakeholders on the Enterprise IT strategy with regard to commerce
- Strong business understanding and ability to communicate technical recommendations in business terms
- Strong understanding of Commerce Business Models and -Processes (B2B and B2C)
- Strong knowledge of enterprise level application ecosystems (ERP, OMS, CRM, WMS, etc.). Experience integrating to SAP ERP will be a plus.
- Solid understanding of design patterns.
- Ability to instruct and guide development on a multi-client & multi-team basis
- Ability to operate in complex, multi (C-level) stakeholder environments
- Native or bilingual English (strong communication skills, both oral as written)
What do we offer in return?
- A permanent position in a globally active digital agency that is listed in the Top 10 in Germany.
- We place great value on diversity and inclusion and want to create a fair and livable working environment. To achieve this, we support all people regardless of their origin and background. Everyone should feel comfortable enough to develop, grow and achieve their goals - whatever they may be.
- You can expect a highly professional working environment where team spirit and knowledge transfer are not empty phrases and where flat hierarchies really pay off.
- Our centrally located offices are adapted to our hybrid way of working and offer you the perfect balance to working from home.
- Our working hours and home office arrangements are flexible and based on a 40-hour week and 30 days of annual leave.
- In addition to a fixed salary, you will also receive a variable salary component that is paid out monthly based on company targets.
- We also pay a company pension allowance.
- We keep you fit: Whether through snacks, the possibility of the JobRad or the offer of the Urban Sports Club.
- Continuous learning is important to us - through the Valtech Academy, at external training courses or at conferences.
- A highlight for all Valtechies are the joint celebrations during the year, which you should definitely not miss.
- Come as you are: There is no dress code at our company. You come to work in the way you feel most comfortable.