What we are looking for:
Valtech’s Experience Design Team is a multidisciplinary collective of experts that create groundbreaking products, services, and experiences; with expertise in UX, product, visual, motion, industrial and brand design. We're seeking an seasoned Director, Experience Design – to drive creative output across a range of innovative projects – with a strong background in user experience strategy and design, and demonstrated diverse expertise in digital experiences.
As a Director, Experience Design (UX), you'll lead our most complex and innovative projects, creating experiences used by millions of people every day. You should have knowledge of the way products should work and a deep understanding and appreciation of what users want and need when it comes to digital media. You’re a systems thinker, who knows how to strike the balance of feasible, viable & desirable, while advocating for human-centric principles, accessibility, and sustainability.
The ideal candidate understands that the end consumer of the products and services we create is just one important audience, and that our client stakeholders who leverage these digital tools day-to-day are also a critical audience our designs support.
The work includes digital strategy and interaction design across many touch points, including web, mobile, social, tablet, and in-store.
Back to the role:
- Provide thought leadership, strategic vision, and direction that drives and delivers award winning and impactful work
- Monitor projects from the very start and oversee interdisciplinary teams through research, strategy development, concepting, product definition, and design
- Shape guide and direct the work and elevate the craft of design within the company
- Inspire, support, and encourage the Creative team through constructive feedback and frequent planned communications
- Build and sustain effective working relationships internally and externally
- Stay current with recent design methodologies, trends, and techniques. Proactively search for and recommend new best practices
- Collaborate as leadership to participate in sales pitches, scoping and securing new business that helps shape and build an amazing portfolio of brands
- Help to manage and mentor other designers and play a major role in business development
What you should have:
- Strong leadership and 10+ years’ experience in digital design at a senior level or higher, preferably in an agency, larger studio, or advertising environment
- Desire to be a hands-on creative who is willing to get their hands dirty
- Masterful communicator, who knows how to get their point across with a passion and enthusiasm that motivates colleagues to innovate and can present and gracefully defend great work
- Ability to thrive under pressure and crazy deadlines, juggling multiple projects and deliver to dozens of stakeholders
- Strong ability to prioritize work and resources across engagements based on short- and long-term needs, timelines, budgets, and availability changes. Someone who can roll with it and has a solutions-based mindset
- Passion for innovation, creativity, partnership, and storytelling plus an understanding of how well-executed design supports business imperatives
- Desire to be a strategic product owner, a team player, and a skilled client partner all rolled into one. They should be decisive and excited to lead their team forward—we need someone who will never tire of pushing the work to be better
Here’s a little about us: