DIRECTOR OF PRODUCT
As a Director of Product Management at Valtech, you will use your business judgment and product knowledge to ensure product excellence and growth of our client’s product portfolio. Reporting to a VP of Portfolio, you will work alongside teams of customer research and experience, product marketing, and technologists to guide, establish and bring engaging and delightful customer and product experiences across platforms. You will connect teams from Valtech and from our portfolio of clients from ideation and technical development to launching and iterating features across diverse sets of customer environments to define or simplify products while building product roadmaps, defining product engagement strategy, driving customer onboarding, and accelerating go-to-market activities.
Nonetheless, you will play a critical role in discovering and delivering on our capabilities and in selecting and onboarding additional tools that enhance both the customer experience and our own business processes. You will be a high-impact leader on our team, building out this function, creating products and processes, drafting requirements, performing product owner review, and grooming the backlog.
Back to the role:
- Set direction and influence the executive team on the overall product strategy
- Set strategy and vision for products, leading teams to deliver on a multi-year product roadmap and balancing short- and long-term goals and investments.
- Partner with technologists and cross-functional teams to determine product strategy.
- Oversee product owners and/or product managers to set the direction of product.
- Be a great leader, scaling, mentoring, and growing the product practitioners.
- Build a deep understanding of our clients and their customers to propose solutions to their problems and inspire their vision.
- Refine the vision for products and their platforms to deliver capabilities that empower customer experiences and deliver meaningful business value
- Uncover customer needs through research and experimentation that inspire innovative solutions and products
- Define key metrics and outcomes, translating them into qualitative objectives and quantitative goals
- Support the establishment of Product Management as a discipline within Valtech. Create and refine workflows and documentation. Educate internal partners on our development cycle and the role of product management within it.
- Build a strong team and create processes to deliver an improved customer experience and execution against business goals.
- Propose and prioritize features based on user and business impact; utilize analytics to determine prioritization.
- Manage the team as well as educate the cross-functional team on how to transition from a waterfall methodology to an Agile framework by building out epics, authoring user stories, and capturing bugs.
- Research and select features that support user and business needs.
- Partner with the business to update, document, and train on new business processes as needed.
- Demonstrate end-to-end accountability for business outcomes, by working across product management and marketing teams to deliver on the highest priority initiatives.
- Develop hands-on, in-depth knowledge of competitive products and maintain technical analysis of competitive strengths and weaknesses to inform the roadmap.
- Serve as a product expert and evangelist within the global Valtech
What you should have:
- 10+ years of Product Management experience
- 7+ years of experience hiring, training, and mentoring product managers
- You have a track record of:
- Applying customer-centric mindset and operate with empathy and diplomacy
- Working collaboratively to create a better customer experience
- Building teams and processes enabling a more efficient and flexible workplace
- Communicating a differing viewpoint to leaders, business owners and cross-functional partners
- Unrelenting desire to understand how things work
- Curiosity about the techniques and technologies that drive great products
- Following along in a technical discussion
- Diving into feature trade-offs based on technical constraints as well as eloquently describe the business benefits of those features
- Being comfortable with consumer product development and partnering with product, design, engineering, and financial business teams across a company to set and deliver on product vision.
- Leading a large and decentralized group from complex and ambiguous situations to clarity and focus
- Balancing competing needs in a platform, striking the right balance between flexibility and consistency, and comfortable communicating prioritization
- Successfully launching and growing products at scale
- Balancing outstanding user insight with high analytical rigor
- Diving to question assumptions and validate hypotheses
- Getting the product details right, but knows how to ship on time
- Building product performance dashboards
- Running longitudinal a/b testing experiments to validate strategies
- Writing user stories with concrete, and complete acceptance criteria
- Working with multiple scalable Agile frameworks
Here’s a little about us: