Here’s a little about us:
Valtech is a global business transformation agency delivering innovation with a purpose. We enable clients to anticipate tomorrow’s trends and connect more directly with consumers across their digital touch points while optimizing time-to-market and ROI. We are a network of more than 3000 innovators, design thinkers, marketers, creatives and developers spanning 5 continents with offices in 16 countries (USA, UK, Canada, France, Germany, Netherlands, Sweden, Switzerland, Denmark, Brazil, China, India, Australia, Singapore, Argentina, Ukraine). While our expertise is in technology, marketing and experience design, our passion is in addressing transformational business challenges for our clients, including strategy consulting, service design, technology services, and optimization of business-critical digital platforms for multichannel e-commerce and marketing.
What we are looking for:
Valtech is looking for a Business Development Director to join us in the pursuit of becoming the leading digital agency globally.
To be a success in the role you will know the agency game because you have lived it for years. You will be able to articulate the value of digital transformation to a B2B or B2C client in 50 words or less and most importantly, as a digital native, you can translate the trends and lingo of the digital world into something a C-level executive can understand, value and buy.
Your job is to know the market, hunt the business needs that can be solved digitally, creating and pursuing opportunities with new client prospects. You know the value of getting down-and-dirty with digital consulting rather than going on autopilot with generic slide decks, and you’re comfortable with positioning a full-service offering that span strategy, creative and technology.
Critically you’ll know that digital is so much more than the website. You’ll be passionate about the impact your work has on human beings. Furthermore, you’ll lead and inspire the rest of the new business-oriented sales team, including their tight coupling and collaboration with Marketing, so we drive a lean and effective end-to-end sales process across the funnel.
You will be a part of the Valtech Toronto and Chicago team and play a key role within the wider North America team. You will be an integral part of the sales team as well as your own client prospects and you will be responsible for driving revenue to our business. You must be both a leader and a deal-closer, and that means you also understand the fine act of balancing risks when bidding for new business. You’ll be well networked into the wider global company, using the power of the One Valtech organization to drive the business.
You’ve had a similar position for the last 10 years or more, most likely in another digital agency or a technology partner. Your track record is proven when it comes to digital strategy, customer experience, digital planning, content management, and e-commerce.
And the showstopper: you must have worked within the digital space. Digital agency, digital consultancy, however your former employer chose to describe themselves, the core of the matter is that you have worked with digital natives day in and day out: designing digital solutions, speaking in terms of pixels and bytes and evangelizing the benefits of a wireless society. You must have lived and breathed this stuff.
What you will do:
You will have experience in selling services more than products.
· You have knowledge through real world experience in retail, B2B or healthcare.
· Drive the sales pipeline development in close partnership with the North American and Global marketing team.
· Manage the entire sales process to ensure delivery against KPIs and targets with the strong emphasis on new business sales.
· Lead end-to-end presales / RFP response / pitch process through qualification, win strategydefinition, engagement of appropriate resources such as solution engineers, professional services leads, partner executives etc.
· Participate in relevant marketing and industry events.
· Systematically collaborate with Valtech’s key technology platform partners in the region, e.g.Microsoft, Sitecore, SAP, Adobe, Commerce tools, and others.
· Accurate weekly, monthly, and quarterly forecasting and revenue delivery.
· Keep up with the trends in professional digital agency services and Valtech clients’ industry verticals.
· Keep up with client success case studies and services value proposition development within Valtech.
What you should have:
· 10+ years’ experience in business development/sales roles within the digital agency/tech professional services industry.
· 3+ years of experience as a consultant in a services firm
· 5+ years’ experience with digital services.
· Existing network of potential clients in your geographical locale.
· Demonstrable track records selling multi-year, seven figure engagements.
· Experience on managing sales teams desirable.
· Personal drive to “Getting it done and right” and the ability to make effective decisions and see them through.
· Flexibility and ability to adjust on-the-fly to new demands and business environments, sense of urgency.
· Excellent interpersonal, communication, and people skills working with internal teams and client teams
· Assertiveness, directness, and a “company first” mentality
What we offer:
- We offer competitive compensation, great benefits including Medical, Dental and Vision benefits
- We close over the winter holidays and keep summer hours to help you make the most of those sunny Friday afternoons
- We’re located right in the action (Front & Spadina)
- Open concept office with plenty of room to get creative
- Collaborate, supportive culture
- Monthly events with an active culture club
- Stocked kitchen with everything you need to keep you going throughout the day
- We provide a flexible work schedule that supports work/life balance
- Professional development and training opportunities-Valtech Academy
SHARE DARE CARE
Want to be part of a great company? Then join our fast-growing business/team and apply now. We're excited to hear from you!