Valtech San Diego is busy building the future, and we’re looking for a (possibly remote) Lead Drupal Engineer that wants to help us make sure it works. The person that will fill this position will have a passion for technology, a desire for high quality code, and wants to push the boundaries of what can be done with Drupal. You dream of this stuff when you go to bed. You wake up and can’t wait to start coding.
Valtech is seeking a seasoned Drupal engineer to join our team and lead the way on a conversion from Drupal 7 to 8. You’ll be working on everything from fixing bugs in old code to adding entirely new features.
- Be a motivated self-starter and quickly get up to speed in a large codebase
- Attend video meetings with steller video and audio
- Clearly communicate sprint task status
- Keeping up with the latest trends in the Drupal world
- 5+ years developing and maintaining Drupal websites including configuration of modules, custom module development and managing content
- Have extensive experience with Drupal 8, and experience converting from Drupal 7 to 8
- Experience with Acquia
- Experience with decoupled architecture
- 4+ years experience working with LAMP stack including significant PHP development and MySQL experience
- Demonstrable knowledge of object-oriented programming and design patterns (OOPHP)
- 4+ years experience working with Git
- 4+ years working with responsive design
- 3+ years of technical writing experience (ability to create detailed functional requirements, define a site’s content architecture, etc.)
- Experience in using and configuring common modules, such as Views. Knowledge of working with Panels and Paragraphs is a plus.
- Strong SQL skills and use of data transformations tools and languages is a plus
- Through understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle (e.g. requirements, design, development, testing) and exposure to agile or iterative SDLCs.
- Solid fundamentals around hooks, APIs and Drupal core mechanism
- Strong attention to detail, written and verbal communication abilities, organization skills, including time management and prioritization