Locations: Bristol, London and Manchester
As the lead for the Experience Capability, which encompasses Creative, User Experience and User Research, you will focus on growth, strategy, sales, global and work closely with the Senior Management Team. You’ll create and communicate the vision for the capability, working with the public and private sector portfolios to understand and meet their needs. You’ll create a strategy for growth and work with the other capability leads to agree how the capabilities will collectively deliver our propositions. You’ll represent us and engage with global executive leads to influence strategic aims and direction.
You will be influencing project delivery through the craft leads and won’t normally be hand-on doing project work. You will mentor and line manage the Creative, UX and UR craft leads and support them to drive the communities of practice and peer collaboration locally and globally. By setting up the capability, working practices and structures you’ll enable craft leads to focus on delivery, teams, quality and developing existing accounts and sales. You’ll make improvements and provide expert representation in existing processes and decisions-making, including hiring staff, staffing projects and supporting the sales processes.
You’ll be good with people and will care about the team, our clients and doing a great job.
You’ll be comfortable being visible leading from the front and quietly from the back, encouraging everyone else to shine too. At Valtech you will work alongside some of the most talented people you could wish to meet, who will help you achieve your goals.
What you’ll do
- Establish and maintain good relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Work closely with the sales teams to help shape propositions and show off the capability within sales and to inspire our customers
- Collaborate with capability leads to build a capacity and capability plan to meet growth aspirations and portfolio needs
- Mentor, coach and line manage craft leads and empowering them to do their job well
- Help build the multi-disciplined team and bring in staff with the right skills
- Motivate and inspire the capability team and encourage them to focus on outcomes over deliverables
- Encourage transparent and collaborative working practices to help our current and future clients understand how we work with them
- Help to manage and resolve conflict if it arises from the competing priorities of individuals, delivery and sales
- Report to capability development director and escalate risks and issues
- Be accountable for the capability
What you’ll need
- Practical and broad knowledge and experience of Creative, UX and UR capabilities (not necessarily deep in all areas)
- Ability to engage with stakeholders, customers and senior management and be an advocate for the capability
- Excellent communication skills, being able to bring a vision and way of working to life for others to buy in to
- An awareness of Agile project delivery and how the capability can work well within it
- Experience setting up and managing capabilities and teams and empowering team leads
- Ability to adapt your approach to meet the needs of customers in the public and private sectors
Specialist Skills & Requirements
Experience: Setting up a capability and bringing together teams to deliver creative, UX and UR in projects
Skills: Engaging people to buy into the vision and making the capability fundamental to how we sell and deliver projects at Valtech
About our projects
At Valtech, we work across the public and the commercial sector, on some of the most challenging and interesting projects. Our success is built on delivering quality user experiences at the time they are needed, and we care about positive outcomes even more than the technology we build. Our passion is in addressing transformational business challenges for our clients. Challenges where we re-imagine the customer journey and build new connected experiences. Challenges where we make data work in this new era and help our clients transform the way they operate and optimize business-critical digital platforms for multichannel commerce and marketing. The work we do also helps vulnerable people, and hopefully like you, we’re passionate about making solutions accessible to all.
All this hard work doesn’t get in the way of building great working relationships. Some of the best and brightest call Valtech their professional home. We have an empowered working environment and a culture of innovation and shared learning. We make time for fun activities, so we get to know each other better.
Join our team
You’ll influence our work across a broad range of projects in the public and private sector. Whether it’s retail, energy, transport, health, or helping the most vulnerable in society, your contribution will have an impact, delight customers and bring about positive change in the world.
As a valued member of the team, you’ll help your colleagues understand what we can do to make life better for our users. You’ll collaborate with some truly talented people who care about the work they do and our clients.
We look forward to hearing from you!