Company description :
At Valtech, we imagine and create the world of tomorrow!
With more than 4,000 digital innovators, creative minds, developers, designers, and experts working in 50 offices around the world, Valtech is known for its end-user-focused approach and its innovative spirit.
At Valtech, we are passionate about our three values: Share, Dare, and Care. And we’re always thinking about the people behind our digital projects, whether they’re our clients or our employees.
In Montreal, the Valtech family’s hub of innovation, we’re a passionate group with one objective in mind: to create unique and personalized experiences to help our clients grow and to improve their lives!
In this role you will be expected to :
- Provide thought leadership, strategic vision, and direction that drives and delivers award winning and impactful work
- Build, manage and maintain a team of creatives (design, content and UX) that delivers on world class creative based on insights and made to improve the life of the end user.
- Provide strong leadership with the ability to set and prioritize goals and be a coach and a player
- Shape high-level design briefs and provide on-brand creative direction and orchestration throughout the life of a project
- Inspire, support, and encourage the Creative team through constructive feedback and frequent planned communications
- Build and sustain effective working relationships internally and externally
- Stay current with recent design methodologies, trends, and techniques. Proactively search for and recommend new best practices
- Collaborate as leadership to participate in sales pitches across North America, scoping and securing new business that helps shape and build an amazing portfolio of brands
- Demonstrating mastery of a given subject area by interpreting trends, identifying opportunities for the company, and collaborating with a wide cross-section of internal employees on best practices
Desired skills and abilities :
- 15+ years’ experience in digital design at a senior level or higher, preferably in an agency, larger studio, or advertising environment.
- Experience leading Design, UX and Content teams.
- Strong and proven leadership skills, ability to project confidence with everything from team building, mentoring, and guiding large groups of creative talent
- Experience building and improving the performance of existing teams, integrating pure creative and visual design teams with integrated product, technology, analytics, and development teams. Is comfortable working with cross discipline teams
- Proven experience developing and owning thought leadership, including marketing perspectives and public speaking. Able to operate both as a leader of client relationships and a leader of pitches
- Master communication skills. You know how to get your point across with a passion and enthusiasm that motivates colleagues to innovate. You can present and gracefully defend great work
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong ability to prioritize work and resources across engagements based on short- and long-term needs, timelines, budgets, and availability changes. Someone who can roll with it and has a solutions-based mindset
- Passion for innovation, creativity, partnership, and storytelling plus an understanding of how well-executed design supports business imperatives
You will love :
- Our deep respect for life outside of work
- Our values, including authenticity and love of diversity
- Our various projects that could lead you to work with colleagues on the other side of the globe!
- Our intrapreneur spirit that encourages all our employees to take initiative
- Our innovative programs and openness to new ideas
- Our social activities, relaxed atmosphere, and a true sense of belonging at the agency