Valtech is a global business transformation agency delivering innovation with a purpose. We enable clients to anticipate tomorrow’s trends and connect more directly with consumers across their digital touch points while optimizing time-to-market and ROI.
We are a network of more than 3800 innovators, design thinkers, marketers, creatives and developers spanning 5 continents with offices in)
While our expertise is in technology, marketing and experience design, our passion is in addressing transformational business challenges for our clients, including strategy consulting, service design, technology services, and optimization of business-critical digital platforms.
To facilitate, lead and guide the further success and growth of our design team, Valtech Switzerland currently searches for an
Experience Design Director (w/m/d) 80-100%
Inclusive and inspiring role model
- You are responsible for the experience design team within Switzerland and work to further nurture their professional growth acting as a role model, trusted advisor and at times a valued sparring partner.
- You ensure that the team development and investments align with the Swiss and overall Valtech strategy.
- You act as a motivating, inclusive and inspiring counterpart to others within the organization.
- You are accountable for the profitability and strategic growth of the Swiss design team at an executive level.
- You represent the Experience Design Team at Executive Board level and suggest initiatives and changes beneficial not only for your team but also the entire organization.
- You support internally in identifying and assigning your team to appropriate projects and initiatives that help the team to realize their potential and support their long-term aspirations.
Experience Design Expert
- You are passionate about the career development of your team and work to ensure they are receiving current and interesting training opportunities custom to their personal interests.
- You are passionate about experience design and dedicated to making the complicated feel simple and hold an expert level understanding of experience design best practices and principles.
- You put humans first: for you user centered design is not a trend, it is a way to create meaningful experiences and inclusive designs.
- You are curious and experimental and always thinking about the human on the other end of your design.
- You guide others through the design process by facilitating collaborative design sessions, planning and leading varied project plans and leading clients and teammates toward delivering digital design solutions with impact.
- You can articulate the connection from research to strategy and design through storytelling and effective client presentations and furthermore can smoothly facilitate client meetings and collaborative working sessions.
- You hold a high level understanding of end to end digital initiatives with the ability to connect across all disciplines (i.e. Strategy, Concept, Frontend, Technology, Content, etc.)
What you offer
- You hold relevant creative education or equivalent level of experience within the following areas: User Experience Design, Interaction Design, Design Strategy, Content Strategy, User Research, Communication and Multimedia Design, Product Design or similar
- You have 10+ years experience within an Experience Design related role and further experience within guiding a Design Team (specifically at a digital agency)
- You are a role model and mentor and understand how to help develop and nurture both highly experienced and junior members of Experience Design teams – you respect, trust and value your team
- You understand how to be successful within a Design Leadership role, balancing and structuring your time between leading and designing
- You are comfortable working at an Executive level and passionate about contributing to further business success through innovative ideas generated by your team
- You understand how to work successfully and collaborate within both Experience Design and Cross-Functional teams on technical and strategic projects
- You are a proficient German and English communicator and have demonstrable interpersonal skills. (French is desirable but not mandatory)
Flexible work models
Our jobs wrap around our lives – not the other way around. Whether you’d like to work part-time or from home, we make sure to find a work model that fits your lifestyle.
Fair & Equal compensation
We keep up with the market standards and follow the principle of non-discrimination in compensation for work.
We offer a career, not just a job. Let us know the direction you want to take and profit from internal & external trainings and courses. Your personal and professional development is important to us.
Honesty, openness and respect are among our core values. We encourage an open feedback culture in order to build trust and grow together.
We enjoy spending time together, not only at work. Ski trips, wine tasting or cooking classes - there are plenty of cool events to join and to get to know your colleagues.
We want you to stay with us! Our seniority allowance helps to re-charge your batteries more often with extra vacations after 3, 6, 10, 15 and 20 years.
We trust in the expertise, skills and actions of our companions. That’s why we offer flexibility and freedom that enables them to take responsibility and make decisions.
Broad Insurance package
Besides a fair salary, we offer a broad insurance package with above-average accident and illness benefits and a modern pension fund scheme.
Choice of Gear
The right equipment is essential to do great work. Select the brand you feel most comfortable with. We make sure you have everything you need.
Valtech does not accept applications through recruitment agencies for this position. All applications will be treated as direct applications.