What will you be doing?
As an Optimizely Developer (m/f/d) within Valtech you will be facing interesting questions about the implementation of large-scale software systems that need to handle daily challenges of scaling, resilience and performance.
As a Consultant you are expected to develop expertise both in technology and the means to communicate complex concepts and rationale to non-techies. We’ll encourage and support this with frequent opportunities to share ideas internally. We also have Consultants frequently deliver at regional, national and global conferences.
Technical Skills that are required:
- Experience in Optimizely CMS, certified developers preferred but certification not a must
- .NET / .NET CORE Software Development (C#)
- Architecture Patterns and Principles
- Development practices: pair programming, planning poker, IoC, TDD, BDD, mocking frameworks
- Unit testing experience (XUnit/MS Test/NUnit/MBUnit)
Impress us with further skills like:
- Optimizely Commerce Cloud, Optimizely Intelligence Cloud (Optimization), further packages that are part of an Optimizely Ecosystem
- Continuous Integration / Development (CI/CD) supporting tools like Azure DevOps or other similar technologies
- Microsoft specific frameworks/solutions like MVC, WebAPI, Razor
- Experience with an enterprise level search system e.g. Solr, Elasticsearch
Being effective in software delivery isn’t all about the code, we’ll be looking to see good experience and awareness across many of the following areas:
- being an active part of cross-functional teams using Scrum and/or Kanban
- preparing and participating in workshops to identify and define user requirements.
- developing highly interactive websites and familiarity with the challenges involved
- working in multi-disciplinary teams
- working with cloud technologies such as Azure
- working in projects where Test Driven Development, Behavior Driven Development, pair programming and refactoring principles were applied.
- full project life-cycle including analysis, design, development, deployment, testing and support.
What else do we expect from you?
- Minimum 3 years working in a similar position, preferably in an agency setting
- Excellent written and oral communication skills as applied to user guides and documentation and to communicate clearly with developers, project managers, clients and end-users
- Fluent English speaking, German language skills are a big plus
What do we offer in return?
- A permanent position in one of the top 6 internet agencies in Germany where you can also work in an international environment.
- An attractive and lucrative compensation package consisting of fixed and variable salary components, whereby the variable component is paid out monthly based on company goals.
- You can expect a highly professional working environment in a friendly team, where team spirit and knowledge transfer are not empty phrases and where flat hierarchies are not just a buzz word.
- In our beautiful, modern and air-conditioned premises you can develop your talents and enjoy good public transport connections.
- Flexible working hours and home office arrangements based on a 40-hour week as well as 30 days of vacation per year.
- With personal development opportunities and our cooperation with the Urban Sports Club, body and soul are both taken care of. In addition, there is daily fresh fruit and free soft drinks as well as coffee and tea as much as you want.
- After passing the probationary period you have the possibility to get a job bike.
- At summer parties, team events and Christmas parties you can experience how sociable we are offline.
- We pay you a company contribution to your pension plan.
- There is no dress code. We are coming to work dressed as we feel most comfortable.
- We offer many training opportunities, which you can take advantage of through our Valtech Academy or via external trainings or conferences.