Valtech is a network of more than 6000+ makers, innovators, marketers, creatives and developers across 60+ offices spanning 20+ countries on five continents. Our client base includes global brands like L’Oréal, MAC Cosmetics, easyJet, Audi, Wavin and Danone, across a number of strategic industry verticals e.g. Healthcare, Manufacturing, Retail and Finance.
Read more about us and our approach to recruitment.
Summary and context
Valtech is a global digital agency that focuses on business transformation for its clients. Globally the group itself has gone through major transformation in the last decade resulting in a very healthy profit line and recognition from the Forrester report as a leader in midsized digital experience agencies. For several years, Valtech has enjoyed a very successful growth journey and is currently growing at 25-30% pa - and has high ambition to grow to 10,000 people before the end of 2024. It recently received investment from BC Partners to support growth and expansion, valuing the business at $1.4billion.
In the context of its rapid growth, Valtech has recently decided to bring together our 4 entities in Denmark and Sweden into a single Nordics organisation, for which we are now looking to hire our Finance Director.
Valtech has built strong teams in Denmark and Sweden, serving tier-1 clients in their digital and business transformation projects, as well as acting as a center of excellence for Valtech’s Europe region. With more than 500 staff today, some of which are part of the global and regional leadership, the Nordics is a key region for our operations. Valtech has made the strategic decision to invest heavily in the region, with double-digit growth targets for the 3 years to come and by acquiring strategically positioned local players to complement our service offering, singularly in data and creative services.
We are looking for a Nordics Finance Director to join the executive team and transform the finance function into a unified team helping the sub-region to grow its revenues and profits.
There is a considerable potential to provide insights into the business, increase the safety and predictability of the operations and financial reporting, and collaborate across the organization to build processes that will benefit everyone.
The role requires excellent financial and accounting skills, proven change management experience and a well-rounded personality capable of working in a multicultural environment.
The position reports to the Group CFO and is responsible for the finance and accounting teams located in Sweden and Denmark, and for all such teams of companies that we may acquire in the region in the future. There are currently around 10 team members in the region.
Scope of responsibility:
Accounting and compliance
- Build a team to provide accounting in compliance with IFRS, group’s policies and deadlines for the legal entities in the region
- Monitor local tax compliance, work with approved tax consultancies, ensure compliance with the group’s transfer pricing policies
- Engage with group auditors and ensure compliance with local audit requirements
- Assess and sponsor opportunities of legally merging companies in the region
- Provide the management with appropriate reporting to understand the key drivers of revenue, gross margin, EBITDA and cash flow.
- Ensure consistency of local KPIs with group KPIs.
Budgeting and forecasting
- Drive the annual budget and quarterly forecast cycles
- Work with the management team to plan and execute towards reaching financial goals
- Engage with the group FP&A function on detailed and transparent financial performance analysis
Implementation of financial information systems
- Assess the opportunities to upgrade the legacy ledger systems in 2 of our entities in the subregion and recommend changes to the group
- Drive excellent adoption of the group’s business information systems (Salesforce, OpenAir, Oracle)
- Conduct change management across the organization to adjust operational procedures to the requirements of our business information systems
Implementation of financial processes
- Review existing processes that impact finance and accounting, from the collection of business data to the production of financial reporting to ensure the safety, compliance, timeliness and cost-efficiency of our financial reporting (statutory, tax, and management) in the region
Implementation of internal control
- Implement the internal control framework in the 2 entities that are in scope
- Work with the organization to adjust operational processes and facilitate the performance of internal controls
- Plan post-acquisition workstreams of future acquired companies in order to bring them in the financial operating framework of the group. Execute the integration plan
Support on M&A processes
- Participate in financial and operational due diligence of potential acquisitions in the region, under the supervision of the M&A Department of the group
Who are you?
Ideally, you are (or have past experience as) a divisional or local finance director in an international corporation, preferably in the professional services industry. You have a robust technical foundation in accounting, FP&A and compliance, acquired through experience. Additionaly, you have had an exposure to project accounting.
Location, language and travel
For this role, we are open to hear from candidates who are already based in Denmark or Sweden, and are able to work regularly from our Copenhagen or Stockholm office.
Excellent proficiency in English is required.
Some travel within the region is to be expected.
This position is not open to fully remote work or global relocation possibilities, but does offer the opportunity for a hybrid WFH/in-office model for local candidates.