In a nutshell:
- You’ll be a valuable member of the Valtech Global MACH (Microservices, API-First, Cloud-Native and Headless) Team
- You are a passionate senior technologist and have hands-on experience with composable Best-of-Breed technology platforms adhering to the principles of MACH
- You can demonstrate strong interpersonal, communication, intercultural and people skills
- You are used to working in a headless environment, through modern principles such as Jamstack, Static Site Generators and Frontend-as-a-Service (FEaaS).
Valtech is a global digital agency that focuses on business transformation for our clients. Founded in 1993, Valtech has established itself as one of the largest independent global agency groups with more than 3.500 exceptional individuals operating out of 40+ offices in 18 countries.
As one of the founders of the global MACH Alliance, we are strong believers in composable architectures and multi-head approach for enterprise-grade digital (commerce) solutions and experience an overwhelming interest and demand for these services from clients. We are therefore looking to grow our global and local teams to join us on this exciting journey.
This role is, to some extent, location agnostic, but we’re especially looking for talented individuals in USA, Argentina, Brazil, Germany, France, Netherlands, UK, Denmark, Sweden or Switzerland.
What do we expect from you?
We are looking for someone to be at the forefront of our team of front-enders. A strong developer and architect who has the technical skills and mindset to lead the craft into a future hinged on modern design-principles and decoupled front-end architectures. Do you have 10+ years of experience in front-end development? Is there nothing you’d rather do than promote your discipline inside and outside your organization? And do you know how to inspire people and convey a vision? Then you might be our new colleague!
What you’ll be doing?
As our Global Headless Frontend Architect, you won’t be bored. After all, you are responsible for the strategy and vision for and the work of an entire craft. On a day-to-day basis, you:
- Are the of contact for the front-end discipline, inside and outside the organization, for anything that pertains to decoupled front-ends and Frontend-as-a-Service (FEaaS)
- Stay up to date on what is happening in the field and take the lead in determining the (technical) course in the front-end architectures, together with the communities of practice you represent.
- Create support for change and build a strong base for scale
- Make the organization aware of the increasingly important role of front-end architecture in our projects and ensure that front-end is involved more and earlier in the process
- Seek active contact with other disciplines and combine strengths across the organization
- Maintain an overview of available knowledge within the discipline, indicate where additional knowledge is needed and actively pursue knowledge sharing
- Contribute to projects by leading by example, coaching fellow front-end developers, setting the mark
- Actively promote front-end within the organization
- Champion Jamstack, headless, decoupled architectures, Static Site Generators and monorepo approaches
- Look for ways to simplify an increasingly complex developer experience
- Advocate for best practices, fast performance and scalable solutions
What do you bring to the table?
You will be the driving force behind our front-end craft for headless architectures. So, we need you to be enthusiastic, entrepreneurial and strong in your communication and beliefs. In addition, you will need to keep up with new developments in the field and inspire your team with your newly gained know-how. Talking about your knowledge – to help our team and set strategic direction, we prefer you have experience with:
- CI / CD Pipelines
- Ambitious performance, SEO and accessibility targets
- Build & development tooling (like webpack, rollup, Node.js, and Babel.js)
- GraphQL and Backend-for-Frontend patterns
- Shift-left testing
- Having a front-end lead role and being an evangelist of change
- Working in the digital agency world. You have a background at or experience with digital agencies. You understand the playing field, the competitors in the market and the available platforms.
- Preferably, but not required, experience with
- Familiarity with Microservices and service-oriented architectures
- Headless CMS and eCommerce solutions