Here’s a little about us:
Valtech is a global business transformation agency delivering innovation with a purpose. We enable clients to anticipate tomorrow’s trends and connect more directly with consumers across their digital touch points while optimizing time-to-market and ROI. We are a network of more than 3000 innovators, design thinkers, marketers, creatives and developers spanning 5 continents with offices in 16 countries (USA, UK, Canada, France, Germany, Netherlands, Sweden, Switzerland, Denmark, Brazil, China, India, Australia, Singapore, Argentina, Ukraine). While our expertise is in technology, marketing and experience design, our passion is in addressing transformational business challenges for our clients, including strategy consulting, service design, technology services, and optimization of business-critical digital platforms for multichannel e-commerce and marketing.
What we are looking for:
At Valtech, we engineer incredible Customer Experiences that are human-centric and extract maximal value and actionable insights out of our customer’s digital marketing platform stacks.
Front End Developers at Valtech are responsible for working with Designers and Platform Architects to bridge our Strategy, UX, Design practices with our best-in-class technology and development practices. Front-End are the connective tissue that bridge CX & Technology to ensure the quality of the final delivered experiences. We build modern, engaging web experiences that are high-performing and accessible, no matter the device. You would use your knowledge to evaluate and recommend best-practices during the entire design phase as well as deliver quality code that can be easily integrated to the backend platform. You are comfortable with and understand the best ways to build CMS-based or e-commerce websites. You must be a self-motivated individual and take pride in delivering high-quality work within a fast-paced, dynamic environment while still ensuring we surprise and delight out end users.
The Front End Development Lead must be able to turn a blank slate into a fully working user interface. Working closely with the rest of the technology team, you’ll define the architecture of the Front End, deciding which tools, frameworks and libraries should be used and knowing what will be the best choices for the entire technology stack in play. You’ll set standards and train the team to follow the best practices. The FE Lead is also responsible to work closely with
What you will do:
- Grow and mentor a team of Front-End Developers, setting team goals and helping them work on their career goals
- Work closely with Solution Architect to ensure front end considerations are captured in overall architecture
- Training and code review for other developers
- Act as escalation point for all things front end related
- Liaise with client and project teams
- Support sales activities providing estimates and technical guidance
- Assist Business Analysts in gather and documenting technical requirements
- Collaborate with UX team with feasibility assessment and critique designs for Accessibility, Performance, Responsive or other best practices that might impact the final solution
- Translate wireframes, comps, and functional requirements into fully functional user interfaces
- Effectively develop in a clean, well structured, easily maintainable format producing DRY code
- Know the latest features but understand not everyone uses the latest technology
- Help the organization be innovative and successful
- Can communicate to technical and non-technical people on the same level
- Be an advocate for Accessibility and Performance and mobile first development and design
- Become a thought leader at Valtech for front end development, contributing to the direction of the practice at a global level
What you should have:
- Bachelors degree in computer science/other engineering discipline or equivalent field experience
- Ability to develop front end solutions that are highly reliable and fault tolerant
- Working knowledge of back end development methodologies(C#, Java)
- Expert knowledge of ALM tools(Jira, TC, GIT, ETC)
- Responsive Design
- Knowledge of Agile principles – Scrum, backlog, Kanban, etc
- Well Versed in Automated and Unit Testing
- Gulp, Webpack and other Front End automation and bundling tools
- React, Angular, Node.JS, Vue and other modern front end frameworks
- LESS, SASS and other CSS pre-processors
- Accessibility standards & usability standards in both the United States and Canada
- The ability to learn from all projects, both successes, and failures with a positive attitude and apply/present those learnings to the team
Nice to have
- Experience working with Digital Experience Platforms like Sitecore, Episerver, AEM etc.
- Experience with React Native, OpenGraph
- Experience with .NET development
- Experience with design systems and component based architecure
- Experience with Salesforce CommerceCloud, CommerceTools, etc.
- Design tools – Photoshop, Sketch, Invision, Zeplin, Figma
- Background in Test-Driven Design
- A deep sense of pride & passion in the creation of amazing responsive web experiences.
What we offer:
- We offer competitive compensation, great benefits including Medical, Dental and Vision benefits
- We close over the winter holidays and keep summer hours to help you make the most of those sunny Friday afternoons
- Collaborate, supportive culture
- Monthly events with an active culture club
- We provide a flexible work schedule that supports work/life balance
- Professional development and training opportunities-Valtech Academy
SHARE DARE CARE
Want to be part of a great company? Then join our fast-growing business/team and apply now. We're excited to hear from you!