As a Front-end Developer at Valtech you deliver the best end-user experience, using all the tools and technologies that are available in our fast-evolving community. Whether your website or application is being used on a pc, mobile device or even an IoT connected device, you know how to take performance to a higher level.
What will you be doing?
Of course, it is important that you still have a steady level of knowledge and experience in HTML, CSS and design in the browser because our work doesn’t end with only code and technology. We’re delivering complete end-user experiences.
We strongly believe in collaboration between our colleagues from different disciplines and the people at our clients. We work in Scrum teams wherein you will get involved in more than just slicing and coding. Therefore, we sometimes work as a team at our client’s office as well. Optimal collaboration is our key to success. We do not only serve leading clients in the Netherlands such as Heineken, Shimano and Volkswagen, we are familiar on the international market as well. Curious about our client portfolio? Take a look at our cases.
Next to your work on our clients’ projects, you are also part of a national and international community of fellow developers in which you play an active role by helping spreading knowledge and shaping the path of our craft.
Many of the projects you will be working on are part of big platforms, driven by state-of-the-art ecosystems such as Sitecore, Episerver, Commercetools or Adobe Experience Manager (AEM). Therefore, your front-end solutions are thoughtfully structured and highly maintainable.
What do we expect from you?
- A significant amount of relevant experience (5+ years)
- Familiarity with modern front-end build pipelines and tools (Jest, Cypress, Git, Babel, Webpack/Gulp, NPM);
- You have experience in solving cross-browser compatibility and client-side performance issues;
- A drive to collaborate and pioneer a bit here and there;
- You can express yourself effortlessly in the English language. Speaking Dutch too? That’s a great advantage;
- You are familiar with Agile and Scrum.
* One of our requirements is that employees have a permanent address in the Netherlands and/or a valid work permit.
What do we offer in return?
Come work at Valtech and you can count on getting a good employment package and lots of space to develop yourself. You determine how quickly your career develops and how your salary grows. But you won’t be alone, because we offer lots of internal training and development. You learn on the job every day, and you can follow courses at our internal Academy. You can also, with help and accordance of your mentor, opt to follow an external study program. And because work, learning and private life are increasingly bound together, working hours are flexible to assure you can make the most of your creativity.