We are looking for someone to be at the forefront of our team of front-enders. A strong developer who has the technical skills and mindset to lead the craft into the future. Do you have 10+ years of experience in front-end development? Is there nothing you rather do than promoting your discipline inside and outside your organization? And do you know how to inspire people and convey a vision? Then you might be our new Front-End Principal!
What will you be doing?
As our Front-End Principal, you won’t be bored. After all, you are responsible for the strategy and vision for and the work of an entire craft. On a day to day basis, you:
- Are the first point of contact for the front-end discipline inside and outside the organization
- Stay up to date on what is happening in the field and take the lead in determining the (technical) course in the front-end, together with the international Craft Circle
- Create support for change and build a strong base
- Make the organization aware of the increasingly important role of front-end in our projects and ensure that front-end is involved more and earlier in the process
- Seek active contact with other disciplines and combine strengths across the organization
- Maintain an overview of available knowledge within the discipline, indicate where additional knowledge is needed and actively pursue knowledge sharing
- Contribute to projects by leading by example, coaching fellow front-end developers, setting the mark
- Actively promote front-end within the organization
What do you bring to the table?
You will be the driving force behind our front-end craft. So we need you to be enthusiastic, entrepreneurial and strong in your communication. Also, you like to keep up with new developments in the field and inspire your team with your newly gained know-how. Talking about your knowledge – to steer your team into the right direction, you need experience with:
- CI / CD
- Build & development tooling (like webpack)
- Microservices and service-oriented architectures
- Having a front-end lead role
- Working in the digital agency world. You have a background at or demonstrable feeling with digital agencies. You understand the playing field, the competitors in the market and the available platforms.
Although we are working from home for now, we like to have you close. Therefore, we are searching for someone who lives in the Netherlands or is willing to move here.
What do we offer in return?
Good employment terms and conditions, a competitive salary and room to develop yourself. How quickly your career progresses and how fast your salary grows depends entirely on you – with some help from your mentor, of course. Our internal Academy will also help you continue to develop yourself. In addition, you can also follow a work-related educational program with an external provider (in consultation with your mentor). And because work, learning and private life are increasingly entwined, you can arrange a flexible work schedule to match your creative peaks.
Furthermore, you'll get this:
- 25 vacation days. Want more? You can buy up to 10 days extra
- Pension scheme
- Travel allowance (every colleague gets a NS Business card)
- Collective Care Insurance Scheme
- Laptop and mobile phone
Feel free to contact me (Max Recruiter) via email@example.com or via whatsapp 06-15 26 18 52 for more information regarding Valtech and our recruitment process.
Our recruitment process:
We strive to provide our candidates with a simple, fair and transparent recruitment process. These are the different stages of which are outlined below:
- Application received
- CV/phone screening by Recruitment
- CV screening by Hiring Manager
- 1st interview*
- 2nd interview
*for some of our vacancies an assessment (after 1st interview) is part of our process
In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, all our interviews and assessments are taking place remotely (online via Teams)