What we are looking for:
As a Front End Developer at Valtech you are responsible for working with Designers and Back End Developers to build modern and engaging web experiences. You would use your knowledge to evaluate and recommend best practices during the entire design phase as well as deliver quality code that can be easily integrated to the back end. You are comfortable with and understand the best ways to build CMS-based websites.
A Senior Front End Developer must also be able to turn a blank slate into a fully working build. You’ll define the architecture of the Front End, deciding if and which tools, frameworks and libraries should be used. You’ll set standards and train the team to follow the best practices. The Senior Front End Developer is also responsible to work closely with clients, gathering requirements and providing guidance on how to achieve the client’s goals.
- We offer competitive compensation, Group Benefit Plan, and a Health & Wellness program ($1000 toward mental health!)
- Monthly events with an active culture club
- We close over the winter holidays and keep summer hours to help you make the most of those sunny Friday afternoons
What you will do:
- Liaise with client and project teams
- Gather and document technical requirements
- Participate in quality assurance activities
- Provide written documentation and training to clients
- Translate wireframes, comps, and functional requirements into fully functional user interfaces
- Effectively develop in a clean, well structured, easily maintainable format producing DRY code
- Configure and manage automated builds
- Know the latest features but understand not everyone uses the latest technology
- Help every project you’re part of to be innovative and successful
- Can communicate to technical and non-technical people on the same level
- Be an advocate for Accessibility and Performance
- Understand the impact of Front End decisions on the Back End
- Ability to thrive under tight deadlines and manage time efficiently
What you should have:
- Experience with React.js
- Responsive Design
- Version control – TFS, Git
- Gulp, Webpack and other Front End automation tools
- LESS, SASS and other CSS pre-processors
Nice to have
- Experience working with Digital Experience Platforms like Sitecore, Optimizely, AEM, and other headless platforms (Contentful, Contentstack) etc.
- Experience with .NET development
- Experience with design systems and component-based architecture
- Experience with Salesforce Commerce Cloud, CommerceTools, and etc.
- Design tools – Photoshop, Sketch, Invision, Zeplin
Here’s a little about us: