Valtech is looking for a Full Stack Cloud Developer. Someone who loves working with the newest technologies and is on top of what’s next. Do you have a keen eye for performance, stability and traceability? Are you always seeking the highest quality in code? And aren't you scared away by maintaining and running your own applications on a day-to-day basis, being responsible for (infra-as-code) deployments and aligning with the cloud engineering team to get stuff done? Read on, because we have a match!
What will you be doing?
As our new Full Stack Cloud Developer, you build and maintain the glue between touchpoints, like websites, in-store kiosks, device touchscreens, apps, and cloud native solutions. You configure and extend third-party, API based SaaS/PaaS solutions of partners, but also (micro)services and applications that you have built using public cloud services.
Occasionally, you take the the whole stack into your hands to create end-to-end solutions - after all, you are a full stack developer. You do this together with your team of colleagues, who work in different disclipines ranging from Cloud Engineers (infra) to UI developers and from Business Analysts to Quality Assurance Engineers. These solutions involve integrations with the front-end, third-party API's like payment and back-office systems. You do this within the context of MACH architectures (Microservices, API-first, Headless and Cloud-Native), leveraging SaaS and FaaS platforms like Commercetools, Contentstack, Contentful, Vue Storefront and Frontastic.
And we almost forgot to mention: you will be working for some of our largest, international clients. We give you a lot of freedom and responsibility, so being a self-starter who can work individually as well as in large team is a big plus!
What do we expect from you?
• Working and thinking on an academic level
• At least 4 years of experience in developing
• Solid experience in modern languages and frameworks like Java, C#, Typescript, NodeJS, GoLang and Python. Supporting a multitude of languages is preferable
• Knowledge of (and certification with) one or more cloud provider landscapes and their services for AWS, Azure or GCP
• Solid understanding of scaling, monitoring and logging when using cloud services for building applications
• Proven experience with setting up and maintaining continuous integration and delivery pipelines
• Proven experience with setting up, building and maintaining microservice architectures
• Experience with Docker and Kubernetes, preferably in enterprise environments
• Experience with infra-as-code solutions like Terraform
• Experience or affinity with Commerce and Experience platforms
• Excellent English communication skills, both oral as well as in writing
What do we offer in return?
Good employment terms and conditions, a competitive salary and room to develop yourself. How quickly your career progresses and how fast your salary grows depends entirely on you – with some help from your mentor, of course. Our internal Academy will also help you continue to develop yourself. In addition, you can also follow a work-related educational program with an external provider (in consultation with your mentor). And because work, learning and private life are increasingly entwined, you can arrange your working time flexibly to match your creative peaks.
Furthermore, you'll get this:
- 25 vacation days. Want more? You can buy up to 10 days extra
- Pension scheme
- Travel allowance (every colleagues get a NS Businesscard)
- Group health insurance
- Laptop and mobile phone