A few words about us
First things first… What will you become a part of? Valtech is a global digital agency focused on business transformation. We enable clients to anticipate tomorrow’s trends and connect more directly with their consumers across digital and physical touchpoints.
We deliver innovation with a purpose. While our expertise is experience design, technology, and marketing, our passion is in addressing transformational business challenges for our clients. Challenges where we re-imagine the customer journey and build new connected experiences. Challenges where we make data work in this new era and help our clients transform the way they operate and optimize business-critical digital platforms for multichannel commerce and marketing.
From discovery to optimization, clients trust Valtech to remove complexity and deliver innovative, frictionless solutions that close the experience gap between customer expectation and reality. We are a network of more than 5,000 makers, thinkers, marketers, creatives, and developers spanning 5 continents with 50+ offices in 22 countries.
About the role
As one of the founders of the global MACH Alliance, we do take the principles behind MACH (Microservices, API-first, Cloud-native SaaS and Headless) technology seriously. As a future Global Architect, we expect the same from you. We are delighted to offer you the chance to be part of a team of exceptionally talented, creative, and innovative professionals.
You will report directly to our Global MACH Director and you will work closely with country leaders and our sales and delivery organizations
This role is to some extend location agnostic, but we’re especially looking to place these roles close to one of our offices in United States, Canada, Germany, France, Netherlands, UK, Denmark, Sweden, Switzerland or Ukraine.
What you’ll be doing
- As a Global Architect you play an active and hands-on role in supporting our global organization in delivering solutions, relying on MACH (Microservices based, API-first, Cloud-native SaaS and Headless) principles, that exceed the expectations of our enterprise clients.
- As a member of the global team, you support, educate, and architect on our most critical composable best-of-breed client-engagements across the agency.
- Deploy your experience and hands-on understanding, of technology adhering to MACH principles, to both operate at a development lead and architect level.
- You have a well-developed business sense, and you understand what success looks like for our clients. That means you can translate your technical knowledge into business solutions with positive impact on our client's business
- Support our teams (primarily teams in your own region) in selling, guiding, and delivering solutions that exceed the expectations of our clients. You like being the source of guidance and steering for our teams and, if necessary, engage with clients to direct the program. A significant part of your time will be client faced and billable to clients.
- Help to solidify Valtech as a thought leader through numerous opportunities to present at conferences, do content creation and be an active player in the wider community, both internally as well as externally
- Initiate and lead innovation and knowledge building activities within Valtech and in client engagements too.
- Play an active role in our Valtech Global Craft Circle (our global Community of Practice). We see this role being a natural member of its inner circle, helping define the way we support and continuously improve our approach of working with the MACH principles at scale.
What we’re looking for:
- An experienced and senior technical professional with an entrepreneurial spirit and maker mentality, who thrives with and are not scared of getting “your hands dirty” when engaging deeply into client engagements if that’s what it takes to get things done right.
- Experience on leading and growing technology teams and services
- Strong personal belief in “getting things done right” with the ability to make effective decisions and see them through
- Flexibility and ability to adjust on-the-fly to new demands and business environments as well as sense of urgency
- Strong interpersonal, communication, intercultural and people skills required for working with internal teams as well as client teams across different locations and cultures with success.
- Assertiveness, directness, and a “company first” mentality.
- A person who wants to join a company full of diverse, intelligent, and talented people and wants to shake things up a bit and fill their days with problem solving, new and innovative solutions and phenomenal client projects.
- Someone who is ready to do the best work of their life…. achievements to be really and genuinely proud of, with opportunities to travel far and wide, learn every day and to really and truly meet their potential.
We also need:
- A proven background in architecting, implementing, leading, and delivering enterprise-scale projects/programs adhering to all (or a sub-set) of the principles behind MACH (Microservices based, API-first, Cloud-native SaaS and Headless).
- A team-player with great knowledge and understanding of the key platform players in the space of composable best-of-breed technology, most importantly: commerce tools, Contentful, Contentstack, Fluent and Amplience
- Proven cloud and server less experience, preferably via Azure, AWS, or GCP.
- Hands-on experience with technology fully adhering to the principles of MACH (Microservices based, API-first, Cloud-native SaaS and Headless), to establish a first amongst equals for your peers.
- A MSc in engineering or similar and at least 10 years of relevant working experience
- Ability and willingness to travel - you can expect roughly 25% of your time to be away from home.
- Fluent in English – both spoken and written.
- Experience from working in an agency/consulting business like Valtech would be an advantage.