(Microservices, API-first, Cloud-native SaaS and Headless)
In a nutshell:
- You’ll be a valuable member of the Valtech Global MACH Team
- You’re passionate for and have hands-on experience with composable Best-of-Breed technology platforms adhering to the principles of MACH
- You can demonstrate strong interpersonal, communication, intercultural and people skills
Valtech is a global digital agency that focuses on business transformation for our clients. Founded in 1993, Valtech has established itself as one of the largest independent global agency groups with more than 3.000 exceptional individuals operating out of 40+ offices in 15 countries.
As one of the founders of the global MACH Alliance, we have since the launch of this alliance experienced an overwhelming interest and demand for these services from clients. We are therefore looking to get even more new colleagues onboard to join us on this exciting journey.
So are you looking for your next challenge, then this is your chance to join our team of exceptionally talented, creative and innovative professionals working with composable Best-of-Breed technology platforms within the large-scale digital experience and ecommerce business area.
This role is to some extend location agnostic, but we’re especially looking to place these roles in one of our offices in Germany, France, Netherlands, UK, Denmark, Sweden, Switzerland, USA and Canada.
What will you be doing?
- As a Global MACH Architect, you want to play an active and hands-on role in supporting our global organization in delivering solutions, relying on MACH (Microservices based, API-first, Cloud-native SaaS and Headless) principles, that exceed the expectations of our enterprise clients.
- As a member of the global team, you want to support, educate, and architect on our most critical composable best-of-breed client-engagements across the agency.
- You look to deploy your experience and hands-on understanding, of technology adhering to MACH principles, to both operate at a development lead and architect level.
- You have a well-developed business sense, and you understand what success looks like for our clients. That means you can translate your technical knowledge into business solutions with positive impact on our client's business
- You want to support our teams (primarily teams in your own region) in selling, guiding, and delivering solutions that exceed the expectations of our clients. You like being the source of guidance and steering for our teams and, if necessary, engage with clients to direct the program. A significant part of your time will be client faced and billable to clients.
- You want to help solidify Valtech as a thought leader through numerous opportunities to present at conferences, do content creation and be an active player in the wider community, both internally as well as externally
- You want to initiate and lead innovation and knowledge building activities within Valtech and in client engagements too
- You will play an active role in our Valtech Global Craft Circle (our global Community of Practice). We see this role being a natural member of its inner circle, helping define the way we support and continuously improve our approach of working with the MACH principles at scale.
- You report to our Global MACH Director and work closely with country leaders and our sales and delivery organizations across the Group.
What do we expect from you?
- An experienced and senior technical professional with an entrepreneurial spirit and maker mentality, who thrives with and are not scared of getting “your hands dirty” when engaging deeply into client engagements if that’s what it takes to get things done right.
- Experience on leading and growing technology teams and services
- Strong personal belief in “getting things done right” with the ability to make effective decisions and see them through
- Flexibility and ability to adjust on-the-fly to new demands and business environments as well as sense of urgency
- Strong interpersonal, communication, intercultural and people skills required for working with internal teams as well as client teams across different locations and cultures with success.
- Assertiveness, directness, and a “company first” mentality.
- A person who wants to join a company full of diverse, intelligent, and talented people and wants to shake things up a bit and fill their days with problem solving, new and innovative solutions and phenomenal client projects.
- Someone who is ready to do the best work of their life…. achievements to be really and genuinely proud of, with opportunities to travel far and wide, learn every day and to really and truly meet their potential.
In addition, we’ll also be looking for:
- A proven background in architecting, implementing, leading, and delivering enterprise-scale projects/programs adhering to all (or a sub-set) of the principles behind MACH (Microservices based, API-first, Cloud-native SaaS and Headless).
- A team-player with great knowledge and understanding of the key platform players in the space of composable best-of-breed technology, most importantly: commercetools, Contentful, Contentstack, Fluent and Amplience
- Proven cloud and serverless experience, preferably via Azure, AWS, or GCP.
- Hands-on experience with technology fully adhering to the principles of MACH (Microservices based, API-first, Cloud-native SaaS and Headless), to establish a first amongst equals for your peers.
- A MSc in engineering or similar and at least 10 years of relevant working experience
- Ability and willingness to travel - you can expect roughly 25% of your time to be away from home.
- Fluent in English – both spoken and written.
- Experience from working in an agency/consulting business like Valtech would be an advantage
- Note to non-EU nationals: We require a valid work permit in one of the above-mentioned countries.
What can you expect from us?
At Valtech you’ll become part of an exceptional team of more than 3.000 talented innovators, design thinkers, marketers, creatives and developers, who all create unprecedented success for our Global 500 clients while optimizing time-to-market and return on investment. We interact across countries, disciplines, trades, roles and teams. We are consultants before anything else and take ownership of our own work, clients and careers. We provide everyone with a large degree of freedom - in return, we expect an equally high degree of accountability and dedication.
We have from our very beginning always worked hard on providing everyone within our organisation the opportunity to grow and also transform their job opportunities and career paths across the world. From graduates to seasoned professionals who are experts in their field. Valtech will always be recognized not just for the quality of the work we deliver, but for all the amazing people that make it happen. We don’t just talk about how to get things done, we really do transform by doing.
If this sounds like your next challenge, then do send us your application already today. We look forward to hear from you.