Global B2B Marketing and Industry Journalist
A few words about us
First things first… What will you become a part of? Valtech is a global digital agency focused on business transformation. We enable clients to anticipate tomorrow’s trends and connect more directly with their consumers across digital and physical touchpoints.
We deliver innovation with a purpose. While our expertise is experience design, technology, and marketing, our passion is in addressing transformational business challenges for our clients. Challenges where we re-imagine the customer journey and build new connected experiences. Challenges where we make data work in this new era and help our clients transform the way they operate and optimize business-critical digital platforms for multichannel commerce and marketing.
From discovery to optimization, our clients trust us to remove complexity and deliver innovative, frictionless solutions that close the experience gap between customer expectation and reality. We are a network of more than 5,000 makers, thinkers, marketers, creatives, and developers spanning 5 continents with 50+offices in 22 countries.
About the role
As we grow our content marketing operations across the global organization, we are looking for a Global B2B Marketing and Industry Journalist to help us extract the most valuable thought leadership from our global network of digital industry experts. Joining the Global Marketing Team, you will be working alongside our global content marketing teams composed of content and campaign strategists, copywriters, SEO specialists, martech specialists, designers, and videographers, to create incredible content.
Over the last few years, we have built a sophisticated marketing engine that relies on a continuous stream of vertical-specific content in multiple formats. As we scale, we’re looking for someone who can dive into our business, interview our experts and uncover the stories and angles that are going to resonate best with our vertical audiences across the world.
What you’ll be doing
- Interview and collaborate with our subject matter experts (SMEs) to produce in-depth content pieces across our 8 strategic verticals (Retail, Luxury, Finance, Health, Mobility, Travel, B2B Manufacturing & Distribution and Public Sector).
- Write well researched articles, blogs and white-papers covering our strategic verticals to promote our service offerings (transformation consulting, marketing services, digital platforms and connected services) and position our SMEs in external media.
- Work with our Global Vertical Leads and Strategic Vertical Marketing lead to define and expand upon key industry topics and themes.
- Conduct research and pull on your previous industry experience to provide background and ensure our pieces are in-depth and high quality.
- Write email nurture campaigns that support each content piece.
- Help to strengthen Valtech’s position as a thought leader.
Monitoring and oversight
- Stay up to date on industry trends and competitors
- Proactively pitch content ideas
- Be on the lookout for fresh / new angles to position our industry knowledge and services
- Consider optimisations and recommendations from Google Analytics, internal reports and the campaigns team
Team Collaboration and Content Operations
- Work alongside our Senior Global Copywriter to define and shape high quality industry content
- Collaborate with designers to provide input for assets
- Integrate SEO research and optimisations provided by our SEO team
- CMS Content integration
- Support the Campaigns team and Content Project Manager on the coordination of content releases when needed
- Work with our global PR team to shape pieces for external media / paid opportunities
Our preferred candidate
- Relevant work experience in creating, coordinating and disseminating written digital communication products
- Proven ability to research, gather and analyse information
- Digital technology industry expertise – preferably in a similar role
- A thirst for knowledge and creating connections
- Excellent storytelling and oral / written communication
- Proven copywriting, editing and proof-reading skills.
- Ability to manage time effectively and organise workflow to meet deadlines.
- Fluency in English with excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in journalism or related field
Meet the team
You will be part of our Global Marketing Communications Team and report into the SVP, Global Marketing Communications. You will work in an international environment and closely together with your passionate and talented team colleagues located in different countries across the group.
What can you expect from us?
At Valtech you’ll become part of our exceptional team of more than 5.000 talented innovators, design thinkers, marketers, creatives and engineers. We interact across countries, disciplines, trades, roles and teams. We are consultants before anything else and take ownership of our own work, clients, and careers. We provide everyone with a large degree of freedom - in return, we expect an equally high degree of accountability and dedication. We transform by doing and insanely passionate about improving the end user experience. We are a people company. We share our knowledge and learnings, we dare to speak up and take risks. And we care deeply about one another, our clients and the world around us.
We have from our very beginning always worked hard on providing everyone within our organisation the opportunity to grow and also transform their job opportunities and career paths across the world. From graduates to seasoned professionals who are experts in their field. Valtech will always be recognised not just for the quality of the work we deliver, but for all the amazing people that make it happen. We don’t just talk about how to get things done, we really do transform by doing.
If this sounds like your next challenge, then do send us your application already today.