Valtech is more than just a digital agency. Whilst we’ve been transforming our clients’ businesses for over 25 years, we’ve also been working hard to offer transformative job opportunities for our colleagues across the world. From graduates to seasoned professionals who are experts in their field, Valtech will always be recognised not just for the quality of work we deliver, but for all of the amazing people that make it happen.
We are 3000+ people in nearly 40 offices in 16 countries. We work with some of the world’s best-known brands from travel to retail, connected experiences to automotive and we don’t just talk about how to get things done, we really transform by doing.
As a Global Platinum Sitecore partner with 16 MVPs in our ranks, it’s no small thing for us to be looking for a Global Sitecore Lead Developer. We are delighted to be able to give you the chance to be part of a global team of exceptionally talented, creative and innovative Sitecore professionals working on the Sitecore stack around the world.
What you’re looking for:
- As a Global Sitecore Lead Developer you will play an active and hands-on role in supporting the organization in delivering solutions that clearly position Valtech as a market leader.
- As a member of the global technology team, you’ll be involved in some of our most critical and valued Sitecore engagements.
- You’ll use your broad experience and hands-on understanding of Sitecore to operate as a development lead and work closely with the Global Sitecore Architects; you already know the Sitecore platform inside out.
- You have business sense and you understand what success looks like for our clients. That means you can translate that knowledge into solutions that maximize benefit.
- You’ll support our teams (primarily teams in the EMEA region) in delivering solutions that exceed client expectations. You’ll guide and steer the teams and, if necessary, engage with clients to direct the program. A significant part of your time will be billed to clients.
- You’ll initiate and lead innovation and knowledge building activities within Valtech and in client engagements too.
- You’ll play an active role in our Global Craft Circle (global community of practice) and help us continuously improve our way of working with Sitecore at scale.
What we’re looking for:
We’re looking for someone with a maker mentality, who wants to join a company full of diverse, intelligent and talented people. Someone who wants to shake things up and fill their days with problem-solving, innovation and phenomenal client projects. Someone who is ready to do the best work of their life…. things they are really and genuinely proud of, with opportunities to travel far and wide, learn every day and to really and truly meet their potential.
We also need:
- a proven background in implementing and leading large-scale Sitecore projects
- experience with SXA, JSS or XC and understand their respective strengths (and weaknesses too).
- familiarity with Azure, Docker and DevOps practices surrounding the Sitecore practice.
- hands-on practical experience in the Sitecore space. You are considered by our technical staff as first-amongst-equals.
- you’re Sitecore certified and have a good idea of the Sitecore community, channels, support flows and documentation
- ability to work with dispersed teams in different locations and working with different cultures.
- an MSc in engineering or similar and at least 8 years of relevant working experience
- excellent communication skills and you are fluent in English – both spoken and written.
Key contact points
- You will report to our Global Sitecore Director
- You work closely with the team of Global Sitecore Architects
- As a global role, we are partly location-agnostic but we are currently focusing on ramping up in European time zones. With offices throughout Europe, you can choose to work out from any of our office locations in Denmark, Netherlands, Great Britain, France, Germany or Switzerland.
This is a senior role and that means we are looking for a senior person, but, if you read this and think you’d also like to get to know us a little better, please get in touch anyway. We’d love to hear from you.