Valtech is a global digital agency that focuses on business transformation for our clients. Founded in 1993, Valtech has established itself as one of the largest independent global agency groups with more than 3.000 exceptional individuals operating out of 45+ offices in 16 countries. We work with some of the world’s best-known brands from travel to retail, connected experiences to automotive and we’re now ready to bring on even more talented colleagues to join us.
There is a fantastic opportunity in the Valtech MENA office in sunny and multi-cultural Dubai as Head of User Experience, leading a highly trained and engaged multi-cultural team.
You will be working in an interdisciplinary environment as part of the Experience Design team developing multi-channel experiences for digital platforms in various sectors and industries, testing them directly with users, accompanying the front-end implementation and continuously optimizing the experience.
- Leading, evolving and growing a team of User Experience consultants based on market and industry demands;
- Support recruitment in identifying, interviewing and vetting new team members;
- Work with senior management and Growth team in estimating and pitching for new projects and engagements;
- Work closely with the Heads of Strategy & Business Consultancy, Visual Design, Data and Content Services to foster collaboration, innovation and quality;
- Interact and present to C-level clients and other seniors stakeholders;
- Collaborate in agile teams (Design Thinking, Lean UX, Kanban) with designers, strategists, developers, customers and users;
- Work with project managers to run smoothly, identify and resolve roadblocks;
- Participate in the learning culture—coach and train members of the team in interaction design and running peer reviews;
- Monitor and expand the UX practice and methodologies accordingly with the industry evolution;
- Develop the Valtech brand regionally within the UX industry through attending and participating in events;
- Continue to train yourself. Always have your finger on the pulse of current trends, new UX methods, tools and new challenges in digital transformation. Curiosity and the will to learn are part of your DNA.
We expect from you:
- Extensive professional experience in the digital space across multiple channels and platforms (10+ years) as a UXer and at least three years managing a team of 5+ individuals in an agency environment;
- Completed studies in the field of media or communication design, ideally with a focus on user research, user experience design or comparable education;
- Know-how in dealing with Design Thinking, Design Sprints and Lean UX;
- Good understanding of different technologies and their capabilities;
- Persuasive and a compelling storyteller with excellent presentation skills;
- Strong command over English with strong verbal and written communication;
- Able to approach challenges from both logical and creative perspectives;
- Has a growth mindset and can take a consultative approach;
- To be seen as a trusted advisor by clients and have strong professional relationships across the business.
We offer you:
- Permanent employment in one of the leading digital agencies in the MENA region, where you can also work in an international environment;
- A professional working place in a friendly team, where team spirit and knowledge transfer are no empty phrases, and flat hierarchies is reality;
- Flexible working hours and hybrid work model (three days per week from the office, two from home);
- Competitive compensation and packaging, including:
- All residency visa application costs;
- Health insurance for you;
- One annual leave return ticket to your home country after completing one year of service;
- 25 working days as holidays plus official public holidays for the private sector;
- Flight to Dubai from your home country.
- Two weeks in a hotel, so that you can explore the city before settling in;
- Opportunity to develop your talents in our beautiful, modern and Award-winning office and through our Valtech Academy and other sources.
We look forward to receiving your application, including your résumé, portfolio, salary expectations and possible starting date.
Valtech Dubai is a new unit of Valtech and we help leading brands and companies in the world with realizing ambitious growth ambitions within industries spanning finance, Telecom, retail, media, and industry.
We are a team of ambitious, creative, analytical and technical professionals from all over the world. We have over twenty nationalities all under one roof, working towards the same goal: to produce innovative digital experiences. Every one of our team members provides invaluable insights from countries around the globe and we believe our diversity is what sets us apart.