We are looking for a Java Consultant who wants to work with microservices to join our growing global team. Numerous ongoing and new projects – ranging from enterprise content solutions, mobile apps, data services to experience driven enterprise e-commerce, user experience and marketing. Global opportunities to work with different industry verticals: retail & luxury, financial, healthcare, travel & hospitality, automotive, media & entertainment.
The Ideal Candidate
- 2+ years’ professional experience in object-oriented design and programming in Java;
- Amazon Web Services experience: API, Lambda, SQS, SNS, etc.;
- experience with integrations using REST;
- knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle; including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations;
- experience with the agile development methodology as part of a team;
- excellent spoken and written English;
- excellent communication skills;
- has the availability to take business trips.
- CommerceTools platform experience;
- experience with microservices or headless implementations;
- experience with the Serverless Framework.
As a CommerceTools Consultant within our organization you will be facing interesting questions about the implementation of large-scale software systems that need to handle the daily challenges of scaling, resilience and performance. You will work in an agile way in cross functional global teams, propose approaches to issues that require technical solutions, validate constructive ideas with your team, and take on a strong leadership role.
As a consultant you are expected to develop expertise both in technology and in communicating complex concepts and rationale to non-techies. We’ll encourage and support this with frequent opportunities to share ideas internally. We also have consultants frequently deliver at regional, national and global conferences.
What Balance Means to Us
- a modern office, comfortable work environment, and the best available tools;
- business trips to Europe/US;
- 20 working days of vacation;
- medical insurance;
- sick leave (up to 20 days a year);
- unpaid leave (up to 20 days a year);
- paid days off (2 days);
- private entrepreneur leave (2 days);
- ability to work from home;
- professional internal/external trainings;
- professional certifications coverage - 100%;
- English classes;
- sport hobbies compensation;
- ability to participate in Global Valtech R&D initiatives (AR/VR projects and IoT projects).
Insight into Valtech Ukraine
In Valtech Ukraine our teams are mostly focused on technical delivery of enterprise level projects for Retail, Finance, FMCG and Hospitality verticals. We closely work with our European and other global colleagues to accelerate digital transformations for our clients. We are 200+ consultants and we deliver experiences from Kyiv, Kharkiv, Dnipro, Chernihiv and Chernivtsi.