For our office in Amersfoort we are currently looking for a experienced Java Developer
What will you be doing?
Your duties include designing, implementing and supporting microservices driven architectures. You will use state of the art cloud native solutions in platforms like AWS, Azure and GCP. Next to that you will build upon API first and headless software using technologies like Spring Boot, Docker and Kubernetes. The industry standards are always on your mind when you are developing. Quality is what you stand for. When developing you maintain high performant software, because performance is key in the world of online and commerce.
You will be surrounded with expert colleagues in an agile setting, constantly learning and evolving each other. Not only each other of course, but also the way of working and the services you deliver.
What do we expect from you?
- 5+ years’ experience in Software Development
- Experience within the digital or online commerce domain
- Experience with microservices (headless, cloud native, API first)
- Experience of Kubernetes and Docker
- Knowledge of Spring framework, in particular Spring Boot
- Knowledge of Cloud platforms like AWS, Azure or GCP. If you have knowledge of multiple platforms, that would be a plus.
- Experience with performance tuning and high-performance solutions like Redis, Kafka, etc.
- Experience with deploying (automatically) in CI/CD stacks
- Know how to connect with clients and has decent communication skills. You know how to tell a story (how, what and why) and explain the choices you made
- Know how to write, speak and understand English
* Note to non-EU nationals: we require a valid workpermit and residency in the Netherlands
What will we give you in return?
Count on attractive employment terms and conditions and loads of opportunities to develop yourself. How? We have a Valtech Academy with lots of different courses. And with the agreement of your team leader or mentor, external courses are an option too. Next to that every project provides a learning opportunity.
And because work, learning and personal life are increasingly intertwined, we’re flexible about how you schedule your working week. We have trust in you. Trust in when you need to employ your creativity at the moments, you’re feeling most creative.