Valtech is looking for a Java Tech Lead (all genders). Are you passionate about technical leading, do you have an eye for business, and does it excite you to get things done in close collaboration with people around the globe? Are you based around Paris and have the opportunity to come to the client site (Paris) 3 times a week? Then you might be the person we’re looking for! Keep reading to find out.
Mission open to freelancers
A day in the life of a Java Tech Lead
As a Java Tech Lead, you fulfil an essential role. You will mainly be responsible for providing solutions for technical issues and coordination with the client and the team. The Java Technical Lead will facilitate requirement analyses, conduct peer reviews, provide feedback and enhance work process. You demonstrate sound knowledge of standards and best practices, good organizational and leadership skills, and proficiency in working with e-commerce websites.
You should also:
- Lead, handle and guide the team/squad (10 people) and new arrivals
- Participate to the spring planning
- Conduct refinement sessions with the business: analyze and estimate the tickets, raise the alert to the PO/PPO, look out for dependencies, criticity, complexity
- Dispatch the tickets across the team
- Write test cases
- Code (70%), review the code pull requests and provide feedback to the team
- Carry out deployments and maintain the environment
- Synchronize and collaborate with other teams (onsite, nearshore, offshore)
- Participate to retrospectives
You and the role
You are someone with 8 years of experience in the field of IT digital projects and e-commerce websites. Taking the lead/making decisions/proactively setting things in motion is something that you feel comfortable doing.
We would love if you have:
- Excellent knowledge of Java (from version 8 / project is on version 11), Springboot, Spring IDE, Restful API, Webservice API, Jenkins for deployments
- Sound knowledge of SQL DataBase, Front integration, CMS
- Knowledge search & merch tools like Algolia and CoreMedia, platform like ATG (BCC), caching tool like Akamai
- Good understanding of unit testing methodologies
- Exceptional communication (English is mandatory, French is a big plus) and coordination skills
- Team spirit
What you can expect from us:
- hybrid telecommuting (3 days on site, 2 days at home)
- laptop, mobile phone
- 25 paid leaves + 18 extra days off (bank holidays + extra paid leaves)
- internal events (monthly "apéros", lunch & learn, etc.)
Apart from the benefits listed above, we have more to offer. Our growth development program, for example, to help you excel in your existing profession, or enable you to explore another. Also, there are plenty of internal initiatives for you to take part in. Whether it's about improving Valtech as a business or contributing to the world around us, we encourage our employees to pursue their professional and personal ambitions.
Not only can you help us lead the experience revolution, but you can lead the change. The journey Valtech is on is ambitious and therefore opens doors. The more we grow – the more opportunities there are to take responsibility, implement your creative ideas, and be the innovator and driver to help move us, and our clients, forward.
Does it excite you to join Valtech on this journey? And would you like to become our next Java Tech Lead?
Then apply today. We cannot wait to hear from you!