Who are we?
Valtech is more than just a digital agency. Whilst we’ve been transforming our clients’ businesses for over 25 years, we’ve also been working hard to offer transformative job opportunities for our colleagues across the world. From graduates to seasoned professionals who are experts in their field, Valtech will always be recognised not just for the quality of work we deliver, but for all of the amazing people that make it happen.
We are 3000+ people in nearly 40 offices in 16 countries. We work with some of the world’s best known brands from travel to retail, connected experiences to automotive and we don’t just talk about how to get things done, we really transform by doing.
How we deliver?
There are some fundamental principles to the way that we deliver. While we are pragmatic in our approach to any specific project, if you don’t share these values we are unlikely to be a good fit for you:
- Cross-functional teams
Agile methods have always emphasised the merit of teams with all the skills necessary to delivery on user’s needs. To work effectively in a multi-disciplinary team it helps to be genuinely interested in the work of those in other roles. We value the flexibility to pick up slack across other areas of capability as well as expertise and specialisation.
We find that diverse groups working together come to better solutions. In user testing this approach builds empathy in the team. In design we collaborate to test ideas and develop alternatives. As a team we work together to improve our approach.
- Continuous learning
This applies to product development as it applies to individuals. Our projects are designed to engage with uncertainty creating opportunities to learn. We use experiments, prototypes and hypotheses to learn about user behaviour, design algorithms and select technologies. Our communities of practice provide a space for us to improve and learn from peers. While as individuals a personal training budget enables opportunity to grow and develop.
- Outcome Focus
When driving our projects, we focus on outcomes. Knowing how a project will be deemed a success by users and customers enables creativity and innovation.
- As a Lead QA Automation Engineer, you will be building and owning the complex test automation frameworks using Selenium API and use best practices and patterns (Page object pattern, Driver manager pattern)
- Developing acceptance tests in Gherkin style format from scratch using Cucumber/Specflow, Selenium Webdriver and other core BDD tools.
- Testing of microservices using postman or any REST testing tools
- Performance testing ensure application stability and reliability
- Exposure to accessibility testing with tools such as Axe or Jaws
- Experience of security testing using OWASP ZAP
- Exposure to User acceptance testing
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines
- Work on complex, enterprise-transforming business applications.
- Take responsibility for ensuring that applications fulfil the business requirements.
- Write, run and assist in automating test scripts.
- Be part of diverse, high-energy teams focused on full life-cycle development.
- Use the latest tools and techniques.
- Continually learn, mentor and grow.
Work experience/ Technical skills:
- 5+ years’ experience in testing user interfaces, stress, performance or load testing.
- Ideally, you will have experience of testing on a programme using agile methods.
- Familiar with defect management systems either using JIRA or similar.
- Hands on experience in using automated testing tools and exposure to Selenium API or similar.
- Hands on experience in performance testing using tools such as Gatling/Jmeter/Grinder or similar.
- Hands on experience in either JS/Java/C# programming language and must be comfortable to develop automated test frameworks.
- Strong experience of writing BDD scenarios.
- Hands on experience in using build systems such as Jenkins, Travis
- Exposure to continuous build and deployment process.
- Exposure to object oriented analysis and design and testing on systems developed in MVC frameworks on Java or .NET.
- Participated in full lifecycle development on large projects.
- Experience of carrying out acceptance demos with PO’s (though not mandatory)
- Hands on experience in exploratory testing.
- Hands on experience in SQL programming.
- Experience of working in projects where Test Driven Development, pair programming and refactoring principles were applied.
- Knowledge and experience creating a Test Strategy for agile projects.
We’re looking for someone with a maker mentality, who wants to join a company full of diverse, intelligent and talented people. Someone who wants to shake things up and fill their days with problem solving, innovation and phenomenal client projects. Someone who is ready to do the best work of their life…. things they are really and genuinely proud of, with opportunities to travel far and wide, learn every day and to really and truly meet their potential.